f o r t y - o n e

that bitch— why does she have to sleep all the fucking time? ugh, i hate her! i tried calling her once more, but i think she doesn't have any plans on responding to my calls anymore.

let me just take a bath and visit her.

while i was taking a bath, my phone rang. i grabbed the towel and wiped my hands, my hair still full of lathered shampoo. i almost answered not until i saw the caller id.

ah shit, here we go again.

black.

am i gonna answer? or nah? fRICK. okay, let's get it, calm do—

"hello?" i answered a little too quickly. pft, what's new? i'm your usual easy-to-get girl.

"uh, hi—"

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

oh, c'mon.. not now.

i ended the call to wash my hair. not long after, i walked out the bathroom. "yes, honey?" and there i found my daughter sitting on my bed while staring at me.

"mom, can we play?"

"but, ba—"

"pwease, mommy!" oh well, she's crying. "alright, alright. we'll play, mom's just gonna get dressed," i assured her as i grabbed a pair of jeans and a shirt.

"okay~" she grinned with her sing-song voice, and played with my phone.

i was slipping on my jeans when—

"enlo, dad."

i snapped my head towards brie and she was smiling so adorably while she talked to someone.

whomst—?

i buttoned my jeans, and took my phone. "sh— oh my gosh."

the person on the screen—

black velasquez.

"billie?" his voice ever so soft. i looked at my daughter with her eyes forming cute little crescents. what the hell is happening?

"that's my dad," she uttered and pointed at my phone. i looked at my screen and everything.. everything gushed through every corner of this brain of mine.

the upbeat music at the bar.

the boy that smelled like beer and cigarettes.

the fancy and elegant hotel.

the white bed.

the ineffable pleasure—

everything.

"oh my god.." i dropped my phone as my eyes pooled with tears and my hands trembled. "what the fuck, no way.." i clenched my fist, and i slowly felt my head starting to ache and throb.

no no no no no no no no no no

"mom!"

"billie, hey, what's—"

and those are the last words i heard before everything transitioned to darkness.