The Worst Hangover Ever

For this story to make sense, I recommend you read my book, The Second Worst Love Story Ever until at least chapter 21, as the characters and events of this story are placed in that book's timeline.

_____

I woke up with the sun rays beaming on my face through the curtains. I pointlessly tried to stretch my tattooed limbs, but I was taken with a sharp pain that made me want to pull my hair out. Everything was sore. I looked to the side and saw a bump under the covers.

Damn it, did I sleep with Ash again? We said we wouldn't do this anymore.

The previous night was a complete blur and trying to remember it only made my head hurt the more. Where did I go? Who was there with me, and what the hell did I drink that made me so oblivious?

I am not kidding, I was dying.

"Ash, wake up." I poked the mess of covers by my side, and it suddenly stiffed. "I think we did it again."

The face that popped up from the blanket, however, wasn't Ash. The deep blue eyes that stared at me and the blond beard south of it didn't match my amore's description. Noah jumped from the bed, kicking the covers and screaming as if bitten by insects. For just a second, I was stunned by the image of his towering, muscular, half-naked body. But then reality sank in, and I could feel my features twist with horror. This couldn't be happening. It was epic. It was catastrophic.

"Holy shit!" I screamed.

Noah started pacing around the room in panic, yelling in Danish.

"English, please. I can't understand you."

He halted by the foot of my bed, long hands buried in his ashy blonde hair. "Does it really matter? We're screwed! That's pretty obvious in any language."

"Fuck! I know!" I yelled, being the one to abandon English speech now.

"We can't have done that, Val!" He came to sit and held my arms. "I-- you and I-- we-- My best friend is in love with you, for God's sake!"

"I know, this is-- Wait, he is?"

"I did not say that." He lifted a finger, then started moving away from me. "This never happened! Goodbye!"

"Come back here!" I chased him. "Noah, do you remember last night?"

"No! I have no idea how that happened!" He desperately pointed at my bed.

"Maybe it didn't even happen," I slowly said.

"I don't know, man... You're really hot. After I saw your sex tape the other day, it kinda moved me."

"Did you just say sex tape?"

"I am on fire today!" He brought hands to his hips. "Look, you'll have to ask Ash about that, but later. First, we gotta figure out what happened between us."

"Whatever happened was wild. I'm all sore." I rubbed my neck, and he gave me a proud smile.

That's when we heard a loud groan coming from the living room. We tiptoed over there and peeked from behind a wall. It was Ethan. He was slowly getting up, rubbing his eyes as if trying to prevent them from coming out of the sockets.