ELEVEN

-----------

-----------

IT WAS TOO HOT THAT DAY. Amy sat next to Sookie as she fanned herself with a random magazine she found in her car's trunk.

They were in Bon Temps cemetery as Gran's graveside service was taking place. A woman was singing the hymn "Softly and tenderly" as Amy squeezed Sookie's hand.

Jason was sitting next to Amy who had no want to fix his appearance that day. Jason wore a suit but looked horrible. His tie was loosened and his white shirt was unbuttoned. He also seemed nervous as his leg bounced up and down.

Sookie looked distressed as the woman sang from the podium near Gran's casket which was decorated with blue, pink, purple and white flowers.

Amy heard loud crying before turning her head back to see Terry Bellefleur weeping. He was a man that came back from war recently and seemed a little crazy to Amy but he was a nice man besides that.

The singer finally finished her hymnal and stepped down from the podium. A robed minister then took her place as Amy furrowed her eyebrows at Jason who wiped his sweaty face with his tie. "Lord, we gather today to remember the life of Adele Stackhouse. To celebrate the time that she enjoyed here on earth. And to thank you for each precious moment..."

Sookie noticed someone in a wheelchair being pushed along a path and squeezed Amy's hand tightly causing her to look at Sookie in confusion.

Amy then noticed an elderly man in a wheelchair as he was being pushed by Neil Jones as he pushed the wheelchair up to the left of Sam. "The family, the friends, the community. But even as we grieve, we shall be comforted, knowing that she is in piece now in Lord's kingdom."

Amy watched Jason greet the man with a pat on the knee as Neil Jones left. "And there shall not be more death..."

"Uncle Bartlett, what are you doing here?!" Sookie then raised her voice sternly as she glared at the man.

Amy and Tara exchanged a look. "She was my sister," the elder answered coldly.

"You haven't been part of this family in a long time," Sookie snapped as they exchanged glares.

Jason then turned to her as his whole body tensed. Amy knew Jason was acting weird. He's been like that ever since the killings started. "Sook, come on. Give the guy a break."

"Sookie Stackhouse has prepared a few words," the minister then said but Sookie only glared at Jason. "Honey?"

The female realized he was talking to her and grabbed her handbag before standing up. "Sookie, you okay?" Tara whispered but she only walked past Jason, Sam and Uncle Bartlett and to the podium.