36. Love

Jungkook

I turn off the lights and Jin lies down on his bed with a pleased sigh. He has a big smile on his face as he gets comfortable and pats the spot next to him to signal for me to come lie down. I strip down to my boxers and cuddle up next to him. His bed is technically not big enough for two people, but he clearly doesn't seem to mind since he puts his arms around me and squishes his face against my chest. He giggles a little to himself.

"What's so funny?" I ask while running my fingers through his hair. 

"Nothing... I'm just glad you're here," he says softly. "I was so worried that Mom did something to you or that you wouldn't be able to find me. I'm so relieved that everything worked out to some degree."

"I'm glad too, Hyung. She could've taken you anywhere, yet she decided to leave you here. Your dad is amazing for taking you in on such a short notice."

I used to hate that fat old geezer for stealing Jin away from me every weekend, but now I don't think he's all that bad. As long as he keeps Hyung safe I won't be complaining anymore. He seems to approve of our relationship too and I think Jin's bursting with joy because of it right now. From just spending less than one day together with them I can tell that Jin loves his dad a lot. It must feel like a big weight was lifted off his shoulders to know that someone so special to him is on our side. 

"Jungkook?" Jin says quietly.

"Yes?"

"When will you be leaving tomorrow?" He draws little circles on my back with his fingers, and he seems a bit sad.

"Sounds like you don't want me to leave," I say teasingly and he pulls away a little to look at me.

"Well, duh. I just got to see you again after thinking that Mom was gonna leave me to die in the middle of nowhere. You'll be going to the new apartment with your dad right? You're gonna need some time to move all the things from the house."

"Hmm? Oh yeah..." I mumble dismissively. "I'll leave before lunch I guess."

Jin nods and cuddles up to me again. I close my eyes and take deep breath. 

I don't have the heart to tell him the truth... Tell him that there is no apartment, that I don't have any stuff to move anymore, and that I don't have anywhere to stay. If I tell him what really happened last night he'll worry himself to death. 

After I talked to Dad about Jin and I he completely broke down. He said he needed time to think but then shut himself in the bathroom with a bottle of whiskey and refused to come out. The shock from everything that happened yesterday must've made his alcoholic tendencies spring back into action. I thought he was finally fine, but clearly I was wrong. 

And Mom... Mom is more insane than I ever could've imagined. It's an actual miracle she didn't do anything to Jin. I really should've dropped her down the stairs while I had the chance. 

I was chilling in the couch after falling asleep there when I gave up on trying to make Dad come out of the bathroom, when she suddenly came running into the house carrying a gas can. The bitch was screaming about how I ruined her life and started pouring the gasoline in my room. I tried to stop her, but she threw a lighter on the ground and the room caught on fire. Everything in there went up in flames. My clothes, the computer, all my games, furniture... everything. Gone within minutes. 

I left that psychopath there to save herself while I ran downstairs to break down the door to the bathroom. I dragged Dad outside and called the fire department. They arrived fairly quickly and managed to put out the fire. The rest of the house was unscathed aside from some damage from the smoke, but thankfully Jin's room was completely fine. You can't even tell there was a fire from the outside.