Lobo Lyko

The images replayed in my mind over and over. It was like I was stuck in an eternal nightmare.

I could see my father sucking every single drop of blood from Van Helsing's body as I cut him up and spit him out.

I can still smell the beauty of the blood flowing from the witches and the monster destroying their bodies.

The look on Lobo's face as he ate the heart of the future witch. The wicked grin that Parches gave me as she snapped the leg of off the Present witch.

I hated what we did. Those witches didn't need to die. It wasn't a sacrifice. It was monsters doing what we love to do, kill. My mother hated when monsters would die because the main families would hold ceremonies for them. Senseless killing, willing witches, ready to prove their loyalty to Satan.

I laid in bed. My legs stretched out and hanging over.

I'm to tall for this bed I thought to myself.

Suddenly the hairs on my arms stood up and I could smell him before he put his little paw to the door to knock.

'Just come on in Lobo' I yelled.

Lobo who was just a pup in my eyes. So young full of life, he had something I long wished for. Something I  never knew but always wondered if it would make me different, somehow.

I sat up in bed. 'What can I do for you, young pup?' I teased him.

'Blaine, it's been five years since the ceremonial feast, I just thought it was time to get you back out into the world.' He said with a big smile.

He looked so young but had a dark beard and playful youth still on his face.

I didn't say a word to his amusement he kept talking.

'You know, just because you're a few hundred years older doesn't mean I'm young. What age did you stop aging? 21, 22. We're practically the same age." he laughed and took a seat next to me on the bed.

"Oh, sweet young pup. You know nothing of my life and that part saddens me. Did your parents not tell you the tale of Harmony the hybrid and her first born child the vampire?"

I looked at his light brown eyes that matched his curly hair.

"I always thought it was fake. I knew you and I knew your mom and you just seem like a vampire who turned. You don't seem special. You don't have that messiah of monsters look to you.' He laughed.

His laugh was contagious and soft. I chuckled too.

"Dear boy, your laugh is infectious and wild. And if you knew anything about me you know that I hate being called the messiah of monster-kind. I'm not here to save you or save our races of monsters. We're called monsters for a reason. We kill, for pleasure. We praise Satan and go to churches of night. We fornicate with different monster species but cannot procreate. Why would I even save us, even if I could."

"Wow, you're even more of a downer than I thought.'" And just like that he stood up and took a step right in front me.

I was now looking up at him, still sitting on my all to small bed.

He came an inch closer to me, my legs instinctively opening up to let him get closer to my body.

"Bite me, bite me messiah of monsters" he whispered in my ear.

"I can't Lobo, it's forbidden for your family and my family to bite each other."

His smell was all around me, it smelled like the woods. Pine cones and dark nights, young love and bone fires.