Chapter Four: Lessons.

King Thranduil of Mirkwood, sat proudly on his throne.  Guards stood at the post as always ready to protect their Lords.  It had been quiet for a while now.  Too quiet.  it didn't take long to figure out what was missing.  Awe, a young human child, He had taken in as is own.  Now ten years in human time had passed.  Awe he affectionately named her had become rather boisterous, loud and particularly stubborn, especially when it came to her lessons, which currently should be history.  He was certain Awe wasn't actually doing her work, and sure enough, Thranduil heard in the distance the harrassed footsteps of one of Awe's tutors.  Undoubtedly coming to complain that his 'daughter' was making a fuss.  The history Tutor stopped at the foot of the steps, of King Thranduil's throne.  his expression was that of worry.

"Yes?" Thranduil asked elegantly. 

"My Lord, forgive me, however, Lady Awe has, she has run off, we can not find her"  The Tutor stuttered.  his eyes refused to meet his kings.  Thranduil's eyes, however, didn't leave the tutor. 

"You have lost her?" Thranduil questioned.  His tone was much colder now.  

"My King, Awe, she snuck out, Myself and the staff have all looked for her but we can not find her" The Tutor felt the burning eyes in his head.  

Thranduil's calm demeanour was much more intimidating than if the king was shouting.  King Thranduil quickly dismissed The Tutor sending him home.  A quick word with Thranduil's personal advisor and he was off into the streets of his city, in search of his daughter.  he has become rather protective of her, she was rarely allowed away from him.  Though it was partly due to the fact she was human.  As he passed his people, eyes stopped on him, most knew why he had travelled from his throne and the recognised the stern expression on his face.  Those of lesser statuses turned bowed politely then quickly averted their gaze.  Thranduil hadn't noticed, he didn't care.  It didn't take him long to find the young girl.  up amongst the guards, who stood watch over the vast forest.  Awe was so curious about what laid beyond the walls, though she was still so young, she knew better than to leave the safety of the Kingdom, not that the guards would allow it.  King Thranduil made sure of that.  

King Thranduil stopped only a few steps away from Awe, her big eyes stayed on the view outside, something was keeping her attention.  Without a word, Thranduil 'told' the guards close by to leave.  

"What are you doing?" King Thranduil asked his tone was full of authority, but a warmth his subjects would never 'earn' 

"Look papa" Awe pointed, outside the window, grazing just passed the bridge was a white deer.  The fact a deer was so close to the kingdom with all its noise was a rare sight, but a white one, he wouldn't have been surprised if it were the only one Awe would see in her short human life.  

"Yes, A white Deer" he kept his tone the same, but he wanted her to enjoy the moment while it lasted.  

"I didn't know they came in white, it's amazing!" 

Thranduil had always been amazed, at Awe's curious mind, she loved learning new things and yet she could not sit still during her lessons.   He watched her a moment, she was so different from Legolas when he was young.  Legolas would listen to all the teaching.  Perhaps it was her being human? or perhaps this was just her personality.  Neither the less King Thranduil couldn't just let her get away with whatever she wanted.  He would come up with an appropriate punishment later.  For now, she had to return to her tutor and finish the work he had set out for her.  

"Come Awe" with that tone, Awe knew better than to argue or complain.  She turned on her heel, following obediently behind King Thranduil.  The stares through the streets were a little different than before.  Confusion amongst others.  

King Thranduil lead little Awe back to her classroom, where her tutor waited sheepishly.  Thranduil turned to Awe, giving her an order with just his eyes, 

"Sorry Sir" Awe bowed slightly, she didn't sound too apologetic, but it was all they were getting out of it.

"You will finish your lessons, then we will discuss appropriate punishment" King Thranduil announced, with all the grace of a king, he turned on his heel and returned to his throne room.  

[Short but sweet]