♠️ First Meeting ♠️

Leaving Kaigaku behind, we make our way to the garden. Sensei Kuwajima plucks a peach from its bushy home and hands it to me. I smile, thanking him. Halfway through the garden, he stops and looks up at a certain tree, muttering to himself.

"I know you're here, stop hiding." Sensei says, his voice gruff. I stare up at the tree in confusion. The leaves begin to shake, and a orangish-blond head peeks out from the branches. It's a boy, I think to myself. He has golden eyes, and strange layered hair. So this is the boy Sensei was telling me about?

"Zenitsu, I have acquired a new pupil. She's about your age, so I think she'll be good friends with you." Sensei smiles. "Zenitsu, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Zenitsu," he introduces.

Zenitsu slowly climbs down from the tree, shaking. He then proceeds to crouch behind the tree. I greet him, saying a simple hello, and he jumps, screaming. Did I scare him that easily? Tears in his eyes, he peeps at me from behind the tree.

Creepy, I think. Sweat dropping, I hold my hand out. "Nice to meet you," I say. Slowly, he walks over to me like a lost puppy and shakes my hand, his cheeks turning a light pink hue. Sensei grins, satisfied. "Zenitsu, take Y/N to the house where you sleep. There's another room for her there. I now need to go speak to Kaigaku. We shall see each other at dinner." he says, walking away slowly, using his cane as support. Phew. I'm glad I don't have to sleep in the same room as creepy dude over here.

The walk there is silent, with Zenitsu trailing behind me. Annoyed, I turn around. "Hey, are we even going the right way?" I ask. Zenitsu stops. "Y-yeah... we are..." he speaks, hesitant. He begins to walk alongside me. "S-so... I've noticed something, Y/N..." he says quietly. I continue walking, nodding. "What?" I ask. I doubt there's anything interesting about me, but I'll let him shoot.

"Your eyes are not shiny..." Zenitsu says. I stop in my tracks and stare up ahead, at the nostalgic mountains. I sigh. "I know." I mutter. I notice Zenitsu glancing at me briefly. The air grows tense, and the wind can be heard, blowing at my (H/C) hair. He changes the subject. "So... how old are you, Y/N?" he asks. I reply almost immediately. "Sixteen, how about you?"

I watch as Zenitsu's eyes widen. "I'm 15..." he responds. His cheeks turn light pink again, but this time, I'm sure he's thinking of something weird. I shake the thought away. We converse much along the way, with Zenitsu speaking about his childhood, and nearly crying, like the baby I now know he is.

"And I'm scared! What if the demons attack?!" Zenitsu shivers, biting his nails. I roll my eyes. "Then I'll save you." I cover my mouth. I have not even started training, so how can I live up to this hollow promise? Zenitsu stops his pathetic crying. "R-really?" he asks. I give a fake smile. "Of course." He smiles back, glad. We walk the rest of the way home, silent, but peaceful. 

.

.

.

A/N: Hi! Here's another chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed it! I'll try to update often each week, but everything's getting very busy! See you in the next chapter! :))