Chapter twenty-two

I woke up surrounded by all three of my sisters. Since we were little if something was wrong with one of us we would all curl up. Me being the baby I was always in the middle no matter what. Harper had her arms tight around me, trying not to fall off the bed. Carefully I pulled away from them and went to find Blake. I walked to Layla's room where Blake was asleep next to her crib.

Since being home from the hospital Blake has followed through with his promise. He has been spending as much time with Layla as he can. With his injury, he still has a hard time doing some things.

"Are you going to wake him?" Paisley peeked in at them.

"No, I don't want to scare him." She nodded as he started to stir. Paisley walked back to my room while I made my way over to Blake.

"Hey." I smiled, as he rubbed his eyes.

"Good morning, what are you doing on the floor?"

"Seemed like the most logical place to sleep. Your sisters still sleeping?"

"Yea thank you for letting them stay it meant a lot."

"Of course sometimes you need your sisters a little more than me."

"Still thank you."

"Anything for my girls. You ready for today?"

"I can't believe our baby is one."

"She is growing up way too fast." I nodded looking at Layla starting to stir. Blake moves pulling me so I was sitting in his lap.

"Good morning baby. Happy birthday!" we both told her as I scooped her into my arms giving her kisses.

"Daddy."

"Happy birthday princess. How about we make your favorite breakfast? Your aunts are still sleeping." he smiled kissing her cheeks. She curled up against my chest as I followed him into the kitchen.

"Morning baby sis. I need to get going and check on my husband he was stuck with girls. Happy birthday, princess. Aunt Bailey loves you and will see you later." She hugged us before quickly rushing out of the house.

"Two more to go," Blake smirked moving the eggs around in the pan. I sat Layla in her high chair getting her ready for breakfast.

"You do realize those two will probably sleep all day."

"You're probably right but we have a party to get ready for. Or I could call Ryder and Jack."

"Probably not a good idea. I think Paisley and Jack are fighting. I'll wake them up after we feed her." Blake brought the eggs over setting them down so I cut them up a little better. Layla ate her eggs while I quickly ate mine. After cleaning her up I walked back to our room where the last of my sisters were. Harper had moved over so she was in the middle of the bed while Paisley was almost laying on top of her.

"Time to wake up you two." They groaned as I jumped on the bed.

"Go away."

"This is my room. Both of you need to get home to your families." Harper moved to grab her phone to check her messages.

"The kids are fine and your beds comfy. How are you feeling?" I curled back up in between them sighing.

"Honestly it hurts a lot still. I hate that I want to be happy with Layla's birthday. It's so confusing and I don't know what I'm supposed to feel."

"Feel whatever you want to feel. It's your daughter's first birthday you can be happy if that's what you feel. Don't hide those emotions for us and especially Blake."