Children of the Damned

Mystic Falls, 1864

The driver of a horse drawn carriage, navigated the rig down a dirt road through the forest. Not far up ahead, in the middle of the road, lies a man with a beautiful woman kneeling over him. Vivienne Pierce glanced up from the body and forced herself to hold in her smirk once she caught sight of the carriage. "Please! Please, help us!" Vivienne begged as she ran over to the cart." "Please, my husband, he's been hurt! Please help him!"

The carriage came to an immediate halt once the brunette approached it and the man who controlled the horse climbed down from his seat. Vivienne pointed him in direction and the man ran over to ten to the injured man. The passenger of the vehicle opened the door, climbing out to come face to face with Vivienne.

"What are you doing out here in the middle of the night?" The man asked her. "It's not safe."

Vivienne shook her head, her long curly brown hair falling over her shoulders. "No. No, sir. It's not safe." Her face began to morph; the veins danced under her eyes as they grew darker. She bared her fangs and in the blink of an eye, lunged for the man's throat. She ignored his screams for help as she continued to drain him dry.

Meanwhile, the drive was knelt over Damon's boy, turned his head upon hearing the screams. He saw his passenger's now dead body lying beside the carriage, but there was no signs of Vivienne. He took a glance over his shoulder before he returned his attention to the front where Vivienne now stood right in front of him. Before he had a chance to react, she jumped on him, attacking his neck and he screamed for his life.

Once she drained him dry, she tossed him aside. He fell to the floor with a slight thud beside Damon as the human rose to see Vivienne's eyes pulse with red and blood now dripping from her chin.

The brunette dusted the front of her dress with her palms. "And that's how it's done."

"What happens to the bodies?" Damon questioned curiously as he looked around at the two dead bodies.

Vivienne shrugged as she answered. "Well, I'll take them into the woods and the other animals will finish them off." With that reply, Damon looked frightened and Vivienne raised her eyebrow. "Are you sure you're ready for this?"

Damon shook it away and nodded his head firmly. "I'm ready. I want you to turn me. " he told her.

"When it's time." she replied calmly as she moved closer to him so that her face was inches away from his. "Kiss me."

He quickly produced a handkerchief from his coat pocket with a flourish to wipe away the crimson substance from her chin. She grabbed his hand and moved closer as she grinned. "You should get a taste."
She leaned in to kiss him but he moved away.

"Sorry." he apologised.

"Don't be." she told him. "Soon you won't be able to get enough."

At first, Damon hesitated for a moment before smashing his lips against Vivienne's passionately. He could taste the metallic liquid on his tongue, as a human he felt wrong to be able to taste another person's blood but he hoped soon he wouldn't be thinking like that.

━ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧ ༉‧₊˚. ━

December 11, 2009

Louise lay facing the nightstand when her chocolate brown eyes fluttered open. She had slept remarkably well. Her brows furrowed in confusion when she felt an unusual weight balance on the other side of her bed. Slowly, as if still deep in slumber, she rolled over onto to come face to face with Damon. He was on his side, with his head resting in the palm of his hand and he wore his usual smirk.