Chapter 1: The Dragons Secret.

Zelena's Barn.

Storybrooke, Maine.

The figure watched from the shadows as the so-called Heroes of Storybrooke fought against the Wicked Witch and her Flying Monkeys, trying to save the infant Charming child from being used as an ingredient for Zelena's Time Travel Spell.

As the figure watched Zelena get blasted away from the ritual by a blast of Light Magic by Emma Swan and Regina Mills - also known as the Saviour and the Evil Queen, respectively - their lip curled into an angry sneer as Prince Charming raced over and grabbed his son, thus ending the ritual and preventing Zelena from going back in time.

But as the concurring heroes gathered around the rescued baby, with Zelena restrained and powerless at their feet, the figure saw that Emma was standing closest to the deactivated spell. It would only take a little nudge to reactivate it.

As the figure took a very particular wand into its hand, it caught the eye of both Regina and Rumpelstiltskin. The Saviour's best friend and her husband of just about a year gave the figure a nod of acknowledgment, they knew who the figure was and knew what was about to happen and knew it was necessary. Fortunately they'd discussed it with Emma and the blond was nervous but willing.

The figure waved the wand and immediately the portal lit up with a bright orange-golden light. "Stand back!" Emma shouted to the group, pushing them further them away from the portal but still keeping herself between it and her family. At that moment the figure waved her hand and Emma felt her ankle pulled out from below her. The Saviour fell to the floor with a thud before being pulled into the portal. "EMMA!" her father called out, but made no move to hand his new-born son over to one of the allied villains so he could save his daughter. The watching figure sneered.

It was Emma's other best friend/drinking buddy, Killian Jones, aka Captain Hook, who raced forward to grab the hand of the closest thing to a sister he'd ever had. He slid forwards and held out his trademark hook for her to grab onto, which she just managed, while Neal Cassidy aka Baelfire, Rumpel's son and Emma's step-son, gripped the pirate's hand in both of his own trying to save her as her legs dangled into the portal.

Emma caught Rumpel and Regina's eyes over her friends shoulders. They'd discussed this event before but now that it was here, the Saviour was scared. However she swallowed that fear and looked at her family and friends and told them "Tell Henry that I love him." before letting go of Killian's hook and fell into the portal, which then closed behind her before anyone could jump in after her.

The group stared on in shock at where the portal had been. Charming, showing the first bit of fatherly concern for his daughter this night, glared at the villains accusingly. Ever since the Curse broke, he and his wife, Snow had tried to convince their daughter to break up her relationship with her then fiancé, Rumpelstiltskin and her friendship with the Evil Queen. Unfortunatley Emma had inherited her stubbornness from both of her parents, and had point blank refused to end her relationships with the villains.

"Where is she?!" he asked angrily as he attempted to intimidate the Evil Queen. It was about as intimidating as a mouse squeaking at a dragon i.e. Not At All!

Regina gave him a glare of her own, which was far more terrifying than his. Gods, how she hated him and his little bitch of a wife. She responded to his question in a tone suggesting she was speaking to a particularly slow and dim-witted child. "The appropriate question, Charming, would be 'when is she?'. In case it escaped your notice, Emma has fallen into a Time Portal." she reminded him in a voice devoid of the warmth she used for her son and her best friend.