Why aren't I happy with Lucas?

Max
I think she's able to tolerate me.

El
I really should give Max a chance.

Max
Its only 5:00, I wonder if Lucas still wants to hangout. I called him and his sister answered, "Who is this?" I was shocked to hear a young girls voice, "Max, I'm Lucas's... Friend, is he there?" She had an irritated tone, "Yeah he's here." That's all she answered with, not even giving the phone to him, "Um, can I talk to him?" She yelled, not at me though, "Lucas! You're nerdy friend wants to talk to you!" I began to hear him in the background, "Its past someone's bedtime isn't it?"

Lucas
Erica really gets on my nerves. I grab the phone from her, "Hi, its Lucas." It took awhile for her to respond, "Hey, its Max. I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to go out." I was shocked, "yeah, of course, meet at star court in ten?"
"Yeah, see you."

Max
I don't even know what to wear, or what we're going to do. I'll just wear my striped shirt with my shorts. O grabbed my skateboard and left my house, without saying anything until I heard Billie call after me, "Where are you going?!" I turned around, with a pissed expression on my face, "Starcourt." He got closer to me, "Who with max?" I became scared, Billie doesn't like Lucas because he's dark, "I'm going with Will." He lit his cigarette, "Tell, Will, I say hi." Giving me a manipulative smile. "Okay." I quickly started skating there.

Lucas
I just got to Starcourt on my bike, I've been waiting for Max, now seeing her in the distance, I gave her a soft smile. She walked up to me, grabbing her skateboard off the ground. "Hey, what do you want to do you?" I shrugged, "Maybe we could see a movie, I don't know." She gave me a smile, "what movie though?"
"I was thinking day of the dead." She smiled, "Sure." We began to walk into the mall.

Max
As soon as we walk in I see Mike and El. I give her a smile and she finally smiles back.

Lucas
I looked over at her, we were still walking to the movies, "Hey, maybe after we could go to scoops?" I said pointing to the shop as we were passing it. She smiled, "Yeah, of course." We sat down in the cinema and watched the movie until 7:00, followed by going to scoops.

Max
We finally got to scoops and were served by Robin. We said bye to each other and went separate ways. I didn't feel what I should feel with Lucas, I felt like we were two friends hanging out, but we're dating, I shouldn't feel like that, it should feel like a date, no matter how hard I try though, it never feels like a date. I picked up my skateboard and starting walking instead after I heard a bunch of boys yelling at me. Soon though, I felt a tap on my shoulder, when I turned around I saw El.