Δ Ε Κ Α Ε Ξ Ι

The waters were dark, almost black under the dark sky he'd created to soothe his ever breaking soul. He'd taken her away from the peace of his garden, dragging her through lush meadows of everlasting spring and dark prairies of mourning, dragging her in a world she'd never wished to lay an eye on.

It lay beneath them in a vast meadow of nothingness. Bronze gates and decay. Fire and the stench of burning flesh.

Souls scattered around them, lost behind the great metal gates, screaming as loudly as they could, a mighty roar prevailing, a roar only a king that had fallen far from grace could ever make.

Tartara.

Her hand stiffened in his, a fear unlike any other overtaking. Was he meaning to show her the wretchedness of his world? Throw her in the prison he'd fashioned with his own hands and his own cries and leave her there until she promised to obey him?

No, her subconscious denied, a sliver of hope clinging to it even then, no. He said I'd be an honoured guest. Honoured guests are not left with monsters.

And yet, here you are, alone with him.

She felt him still beside her as the roar reached his ears. The hair on his arms raised. He forced his eyes shut, his lips moving as if attempting to form words, words that would only ever be heard by him.

He was tense, the muscles on his back about to burst. She wondered what he was thinking, what he was fighting in his wretched mind, what caused such awful flames to nest inside him.

Thoughtlessly, she brought her hand, the free one, and stroked his skin. Her aversion faded, if it had ever been there in the first place. It was an unconscious act, the need to pacify him and bring him back, to her.

"Ploutona," She whispered after she swallowed deeply, using one of his many names when she felt him leaving her behind with his body. Her fingers never ceased their stroking. "Where are you taking me?"

What is haunting you?

For a second he didn't respond, merely tightened his hold on her hand, his fingers surely leaving faint marks, his claim indisputable.

When he turned his eyes to her, she grew frightened. There was no black left, only the auriferious colour of madness and lust.

For a second, she almost prayed it was lust, merely an uncontrollable urge, an impulse to take more than he had already, everything.

It was frightening, the knowledge that if he did attempt to take, she would give. Anything he desired, she would give. Again and again until there were no stars in his skies, she would give.

And she would beg and plead.

And she would moan and scream.

Until her scream of pleasure prevailed over those of pain.

It was terrifying, the knowledge that she would give in, even after what he did.

"Aidoneu-" His nostrils flared at the sound of his name on her lips, the golden of his eyes now burning hotter. "Where are you taking me?"

"We don't need to do this if you're scared." His voice, gentler than it had been in the days before his rejection, brought her away from the dark. "I cannot however, hide my disappointment. I thought you fearless."

It was another trick, a ruse to ignite the thunders that lived inside her, a ruse to see them come to life and bring destruction. "Well then, Persephone are you frightened? Shall I accompany you back to your room?"