fourteen {Arya's POV}

As my eyes scanned the words on the page in front of me, the bus sped over the roads of the Swiss Alps. In my head, I was hating on the tour company that decided to send us to Prague instead of Paris. I wanted nothing more than to be on top of the Eiffel Tower. I remember the day I decided that that was my new wish so well. 

I was with Dad and Happy as we were arguing about dinner. I wanted pizza, Happy wanted Chinese, and Dad wanted Beef Bourguignon. I had no clue why he wanted that until I checked the calendar. It was December 16. The day my grandparents were killed.

He then took me in his lap and told me the story of how he and his parents went to Paris on a business trip. His mother had taken him out for Beef Bourginion before they went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. They had stayed there for hours, just watching the lights of the city. 

"Incoming bogey," FRIDAY spoke in my ear. 

"Are you sure it's not a bird?" I asked. 

"Weapons detected," she then said. 

I sat up, closing my book and glancing over my shoulder. Through the back window of the bus, I saw a white drone quickly approaching. And suddenly, the bus swerved to the left. The drone launched an attack and shot off the side mirror. 

The bus driver fought to regain control over the bus as it swayed over the road. The bus hit the railing and it dented but, luckily, didn't break.

"This is not the Autobahn!" Mr Dell shouted as everyone clung to the seats in front of them.

I looked around the seat in front of me and found my boyfriend standing in the front of the aisle. Of course. 

"FRIDAY, can you do something?" I asked my AI. 

"The bogey is already launching attacks. If there was anything I could do, I would," she said. 

"Crap," I grumbled. The drone came closer and I knew I had to do something. I looked down and saw the sparks on my fingers. I jumped to my feet and shouted, "Look at the baby mountain goats!" 

I ran over to Peter as the class was distracted. "Mind giving me a boost?" I asked him and he instantly held his intertwined hands low. I placed my foot in them and he launched me through the hatch in the roof of the bus. A lightning blast shot from my hands and the drone exploded in the air, its blackened parts crashing down on the side of the road. 

I landed back on the floor of the bus and stumbled on my feet. Peter was quick to wrap his arms around my waist to keep me standing. My hair was a complete mess, but at least the bus didn't get blown up by a rogue drone. 

We crashed down in the two front seats, both of us out of breath. "Care to tell me what that was?" I asked. "When FRIDAY told me there was a killer drone tailing us, I thought she meant a pigeon."

"Sorry," Peter muttered. I then noticed the blue glasses on his face. They were Tony's, I realised. 

I reached up a hand and tapped the glass. "Going for a new look?" I asked.

"Yeah, I found them in my suitcase," he told me. I nodded approvingly. 

"They're Tony's," I muttered, wrapping my arms around myself as my breathing steadied again. 

"I know," he said softly. "I have an AI now, too." 

"Really?" I questioned, frowning. 

He took the glasses off and handed them to me. I put my own glasses in my lap as I placed the blue glasses on my nose. As my retinas were scanned and a voice greeted me. "Hello, Arya. My name is EDITH." 

"Hello, EDITH," I said, smiling softly. 

"Tony told me all about you. It's nice to meet you," she said. 

I giggled. "Did he now? All good stuff, I hope?"

"Of course."

I chuckled, shaking my head and handing Peter the glasses back. I had to admit, they looked amazing on him. 

On the other side of the aisle, Flash woke up again and winced as he reached for his jaw. I frowned before turning to Peter, raising a brow at him. He pursed his lips into a thin line as he turned away. 

"I'm gonna head back. I'm sure Skye would like an explanation," I said, patting Peter's thigh and pushing myself up. Before I could walk off, Peter grabbed my wrist and pulled me down, capturing my lips with his own. I grinned and felt him do the same. I drew back and booped his nose. "You're cheesy, Parker." 

"Yeah, but you love me," he said, flashing me a broad smile. 

"You're lucky I do," I replied before I walked back to MJ and Skye in the back of the bus. But before I could reach them, Brad called my name, asking if he could talk to me. 

I sceptically looked at him before sitting down in the seat next to him. He whipped out his phone. "I'm gonna show you something, and it's going to be hard to see but I promise, it's for the best," he said and I raised my brows. 

"What on Earth are you talking about?" I asked as he continued to scroll through his phone. 

"This is so weird. It was right here on my phone," he said, frustration lacing his words. 

"Yeah... Weird," I said. I glanced up and was just in time to see Peter disappearing behind a seat. I shook my head. I got up and walked over to Skye and MJ who instantly bombarded me with questions that I spent the rest of the journey answering. 

About an hour after the sun had set, we arrived at a hotel that was about 400 times the size and level of luxury than the one in Venice. The streets of Prague were filled with people all wearing and carrying colourful, glowing decorations. 

"It's the annual Signal Festival," FRIDAY informed me. 

The bus came to a stop and we were told to collect our things. As we entered the hotel, two men in suits held open the doors for us and I was amazed by the amount of marble and gold accents I saw. A man was playing the piano and Betty commented, "Wow, this place is so classy." 

"Yeah, so why are we here?" a classmate replied.

"Speak for yourself," Flash said. "I'm home." 

I rolled my eyes as I turned to Peter, who was walking beside me. "This hotel is way too luxurious. What the hell is going on?" I asked softly. 

"No clue," he answered, continuing to look around with awe in his eyes. I also detected a slight hint of scepticism.

"Everyone, get settled in and rest up," Mr Harrington called. "Because tonight, big surprise, it's Prague's annual... Carnival of Lights!" 

Peter's hand slipped out of mine as he heard his phone buzzing. He walked away from the group as he answered the call. Ned looked at me before he jogged after Peter. The two talked in hushed voices. I raised a brow before I walked over. 

"I'm figuring it out," I heard Peter say. 

"Figuring what out?" I asked teasingly as I wrapped my arm around Peter's middle. 

"Hey, it's nothing. We were just talking about something," he quickly answered. 

"Yeah, I gathered that much," I chuckled. 

"Ned?" Betty called. 

"Yeah, coming, Babe," he answered before waddling over. 

"They're so cute," I commented. 

"You think?" Peter asked. 

"Weird, but cute," I decided. "Anyway, we each get a room for ourselves. Wanna come over when everyone goes to sleep?" 

He smiled. "Of course."