Ding Dong

Ding dong

Ding dong

Ding dong
Ding dong
Ding dong

The bell rang clear and loud, filled every corner of my apartment with uninvited noise.

Ding dong
Ding dong

The bell rang again, a long loud peal, waking me up from my dream state to my consciousness.

I shifted my body as I groaned trying to grab my phone on the nightstand. The clock showed 3.00 am. You gotta be kidding me!

Ding dong
Ding dong

Ding dooooong
Ding ding dong

Ding dong

"Oh God, Not again", I sighed as I covered my head with my pillow hoping it would do a sound proof mode.

Ding dong

The pillow did do a little help, but the bell kept ringing and it seems getting louder and more annoying as per ding and dong I heard.

Ding dong
Ding dong

"Please stop, please go away", I prayed for the bell to stop ringing but it didn't stop

Ding dong

I covered my whole head even tighter with the pillow trying to ignore the noise and cross my heart, hoping it'll pass soon just like it usually did.

But I guess today is not my day or maybe luck wasn't on my side or maybe I just hate the noise of the bell. It all ended with me hyperventilating, hungry for air as the air got thinner with the pillow covering my head.

Ding dong
Ding dong
Ding dong

I slowly opened my eyes as the night lamp greeted me with dim light still laying on my bed covered with my thick fuzzy wool blanket. That night was so quiet, I didn't even hear a bark from my neighbor dog just like she usually did everytime she saw a racoon or squirrel at night, which quite frequent.

Waitㅡ the bell stop.

I counted for every seconds after the last bell heard as per usual, if it didn't ring in 15 seconds than this torture finally over.

One

Tw-

DING DONG!

Too much high hope for a long good night's sleep, huh?

Ding dong
Ding dong

"Okay, I'm coming, I'm coming!", I sighed as I woke up from my bed and dragged my solemn body to the answering machine.

Dingㅡ

The bell stopped as I heard some undistinguished noise from the other line, "Please stop ringing at my door, go home", I was about to lose my temper, ruining someone's sleep should be a crime. We need justice for this!

Suddenly a familiar voice answered, "El-Elsa, I need you", he whimpered, "Help me", he sounded so hopeless that anyone would open the door for him; well except one. Me.

"Go home, Jack. Its 3 amㅡ too early to function", I told him through my answering machine as I rubbed my eyes trying to stay conscious. "Call an uber or something", I said followed by a yawn.

"But Elsㅡ"

"Shhh, okay, shhhㅡ", I shushed him which probably kinda rude when its daylight, but whatever its far from daylight and he ruined my sleep.

"Hear me out, please Elsa!"

"Shhhㅡ Good night, Jackson", I hung up.

For a second it was nice and quiet just like before the bell rang, but then he pushed the bell again.

Ding dong
Ding dong

Well, maybe good things never last these days.

"Okay listen you jerk, you have 5 seconds to explain yourself, this gotta be legit. I'm tired as hell, okay? Do you have any idea how many hours I spent interacting with hundreds of people and emergency cases that I need to handle all at once, huh? No, You don't! And here I am asking for a good night's sleep, then there you are with your uncultured rude stubborn ass ringing my bell at 3 am. Flash news, Jackson you succeed ruining my night making me wide awake!", I snapped at him immediately after I pushed the answer button again, not giving him a chance to plead.

No respond. Silence.
Damn, I got him tongue tied for real this time.

I started counting down, "Five... Four..."

No respond, so far so good.
Please just go home, please, please!

"Three... Twㅡ"

"Elsa, please let me in, I have no where to go", he almost sounded like he cried, but probably it was only an act that he use to manipulate me as usualㅡ but again some piece of my heart was still care for him and I hate myself for that.

"Are you crying?", my voice came out soft as if I was trying so hard not to hurt his feeling.

Perks of being a doctor maybe, you always have to be gentle and full of empathy even when you're tired and exhausted.

"YesㅡI mean no, Maybe Els; I'm cold", his voice pleaded.

"Please, let me in"

When he said the last four words, I sighed and pushed the button that connected to the main door giving him access to go in to my flat, as if it was natural and the right thing to do.

Damn it Elsa, why did you do that?

Air of deep regret hung over me, but oh well, lets not cry over spilt milk.

I changed my nightgown that revealed to many skins into a loose absurd greyish blue shirt that I forgot where I got that from and a sweat pants. Also I'm wearing a socks since I know he hates socks or maybe any type of fabric or things that will covered feet.

Hm, maybe he has a foot fetish which kindaㅡ

Suddenly, a loud knock could be heard from the other side of my flat door, stopping me from thinking about illogical unnecessary thoughts about Jackson Frost

"Elsa"

He called my name and I could sense that its going to be a long night

___

Hello its your author here,
Welcome to my new Jelsa story!

I hope this prologue gives good impression to you guys

Please leave some vote and comments
That means a lot to me

See you in my first chapter,
xx