Part 1

Being 18 and still auditioning for companies is hard. Try to balance school, auditions, and homework at the same time. Hard right? Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kim Eunha. I am 18 years old and I am auditioning to be in a girl group.

" Can you take this to the teacher's office," Liny asked as she threw papers on my desk. Liny is a girl in my class. I'm in class 3-2.

"Hello? Weirdo?"Are you there?" she asked again

"I'm getting up," I said as I was fixing my skirt

" You really think you're better than me don't you," Liny scoffed

" I didn't do anything," I said as I was grabbing the papers off my desk. Just as I was about to leave she grabbed my arm.

"Yah! Do you really think a girl like you is perfect? A poor girl who can't even pay for her lunch? No!" She screamed. I was just staring at her. Looking at her in shock. Did she really think that she could yell at me like I wouldn't do anything? She is so disrespectful.

"Look I don't want to cause any trouble and I'm trying to be as nice to you as I possibly can ." After that, I pulled my arm out of her hand and left. I had gone to the teacher's office to drop off the papers. My teacher looked at me.

"Are you feeling ok?" Teacher Sim asked

"Yes I'm fine," I told her, calmly. I walked out of the teacher's office and went to the front of the school. I started walking towards a big tree. I call it the "Calming Tree" but everyone else calls it "The Ghost Tree". When I got to the tree I sat down and sighed. Why doesn't anyone care about my feelings? I thought to myself. Just then the bell rang.

As I was walking to class I noticed someone. A guy. He looked new. He looked at me,

smiled and waved. I blushed and waved back. I walked into class and everyone looked at me. It wasn't unusual. People were always staring at me. I sat down and Teacher Jung had walked in. With a new student. Oh my gosh, it was the guy from earlier. I looked down.

"Kid, introduce yourself," Teacher Jung said

"Hello, my name is Kim Namjoon. Please take care of me." the guy- well Namjoon said

~1 hour later~

It was time for lunch. I got up to go to the tree but Namjoon stopped me.

"Arent you going to go to the cafeteria?" he asked

"No," I said " I'm going somewhere else"

"Oh? Did you pack your own lunch?" he asked again.

"No. I don't eat lunch." I then walked off. It was frightening.

Why did he want to know if I eat lunch? Did he even care? Was I important to him? Was I a dare? Is this a joke? Is he playing me? Should I not be his friend? I don't have any friends. It wouldn't hurt to be his friend right? Right?

Life for me was hard. I just wanted friends and I overthink every situation I'm in.

"Found you!" Liny's boyfriend, Eunwoo, exclaimed.

Eunwoo is my brother. He is older than me by 9 seconds. He is the only one in the school that doesn't hate me. Liny tries to make him stop being around me but he won't. He always says family first, others second.

"What are you doing here," I asked, happily.

"Liny bought lunch for me again so I'm here to give you some of it " he reassured me.

"Oh..ok," I said hesitantly

We ate in silence. As always. Me and my brother have a lot of things in common. My brother and I both want to put our mark on the world. I want to be a famous singer or dancer and he wants to be an actor. He and I both like to draw, sing, play video games, and watch sports.

"Do you have an audition after school?" he asked curiously

"As always," I exclaimed

~after school~

While walking to the company, BigHit, I was kind of nervous. I was never nervous for an audition. When I walked in, I walked up to the secretary.

" Last name," she said annoyed

" Kim," I said nervously

She looked at me. It was a look of disappointment.

" First name" she breathed

" Eunha," I said shyly

" Kim Eunha," she asked

" Yes" I approved

"Go in there and change," she pointed to a dressing room " and when you get out, go to the practice room over there and practice," she said kindly

"Yes ma'am"

I went into the dressing room and there were girls here, of course, but they had professional cameras, like a Canon 360.

Sasaengs I thought maybe

"Hi," a girl exclaimed. She was shorter than me and she had curly hair and fair eyes." I'm Mina. Yoo Mina"

"Kim Eunha," I said while changing

"What position are you applying for?" Mona questioned

"Main rapper and dancer," I said.

I finished getting dressed and walked out of the dressing room and walked into the practice room and sat down. I began stretching and started dancing. I was dancing Icy by Itzy and every girl in the room was in shock. My dancing looked like I was in the same group. When I finished I grabbed my water bottle and in the lobby.

"Hello, Eunha," a voice said. I turned and looked at who called me. It was Namjoon

"Hi, Namjoon, what are you doing here?" I asked very curiously

"I work here," he says "I see your auditioning. Good luck"

"Thank you" I kindly said "wait, you work here? As what?"

"I'm a rapper in a group called BTS," he says calmly

"Oh that's really cool," I said

"Well, I have to go. See ya later. Ok?"

I nodded. While he was walking away I couldn't help but stare. He was so beautiful. For a guy.

"Girls line up!" a staff member shouted. I was 2nd in line. "Ok! I need your name and the position you applied for!" the staff member

The first girl went. It was about a minute in and she asked for my name and position.

"My name is Kim Eunha and I applied for main rapper and dancer," I said confidently

"Ok let's see what you've got," she exclaimed

I walked in and my wave of nervousness was gone. I was very calm. I started dancing Icy and I was happy I made it through with no fail.

"Ok Eunha, we want you to go to the room upstairs and tell them Bang-Shik sent you." a man says

I left out of the room and walked up the back stairs. I noticed there were 4 other girls here. I greeted them and sat down. After about an hour no one else entered after me.

After about i left to go get some water and ran into Namjoon again

"Hello again," I say as I grab a water

"Hi Eunha, I actually have something to ask you."

"Sure. What is it?"

"Would you go out with me?"