Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 3.

Rebecca shot an amused look at the auburn-haired male sitting in front of her. "Let's hear it then." She encouraged, glad that Jasper wanted to change the subject, just as much as everyone sat around the table, did.

"Okay, so picture this." He stood, using his hands to dramatically describe his vision. Charlie smiled in entertainment, as his friend delivered his pitch; his heartrate finally reducing to something more steady. Jasper always had a flair for theatrics, it was why the two got on so well. One was awkward and introverted, the other appeared as if he had just popped out of a West End musical.

"Since you have...practised your new way of life on the train, how about we have a girl on the train tracks? With her back towards us." His eyes twinkled with passion as he spoke. "We can use colour contrasts to make the girl stand out and darken the background, with the title in white." Jasper's smile fell slightly as Rebecca began to chew on her pencil in thought. Her dimmed expression suggested that she entirely wasn't on board with the new concept, and he quickly glanced at Charlie who was mirroring her countenance.

"I'm not sure." She frowned. "It sounds more like a mystery novel to me."

"But she is a mystery." His voice rose an octave out of excitement, as Charlie's merriment increased. Jasper looked to Dia to provide a quick apology and she shook her head, a grin tainting her full lips. It was this smile that made her so attractive; it was a simple look yet Charlie couldn't bear to see her mimic any other expression. It just wouldn't suit her.
He shook his head, a blush rising in response to his thoughts, and he took another deep breath, forcing his concentration on what Sam was saying to the group.

"I agree with Rebecca, I'm afraid I'm also unsure," Sam commented. In response, Jasper took his seat, knowing his idea had not entirely filled the criteria his clients were asking. He frowned, looking down at his notes as he tried to generate a new idea.

"How about..." Charlie considered his idea aloud, gaining their audience. "Sticking with the train idea, but have it as the model j-just about to board. The people around her could be slightly blurred to suggest m-movement, but she will be still t-to show that she is taking her next step..." He waited nervously for a response, thanking the Lord that his speech hadn't been significantly impacted by his stammer during the mini-pitch.

"I like that." Dia reflected, focusing her brown eyes on Charlie. "It mirrors something I do every day,"

"And if we maintain a bright colour palette then it will look like a positive read to readers." Charlie nodded in agreement as Jasper completed his train of thought, angling the keyboard towards him to make notes, mirroring the agent whose pen was already scrawling across the page.

Charlie's smile spread to his ears, happy to hear that the book's inspiration approved of his idea. He watched as Jasper began to outline a rough sketch of the possibilities that could be drawn from the impression he had proposed.
Rebecca ummed and aahed as Dia nodded, pointing to where they could make adjustments as Jasper worked. Thanks to his incredible talent, the first outline was completed within twenty-five minutes.

"Do you need to go?" Rebecca glimpsed at the clock on the back wall that Charlie's back faced. Dia's eyes followed Rebecca's gander, and they widened in surprise.

"Goodness is that the time already!" She exclaimed, standing up and collecting her belongings. "I'm so sorry." She apologised to the team. "I have to get back to work, I'm actually on my lunch break," Dia explained. The team understood, and they watched as she waved her hand in farewell to her friend before nodding in acknowledgement, to the rest of the group.

"It was nice meeting you." She offered one last grin, opened the door wide and departed the premises, leaving a bizarre silence behind. Charlie licked his lips awkwardly as he turned back to the three people left in the room. He tapped his fingers on the desk in thought before excusing himself, not waiting for their response.

icon lock

Show your support for Aamenah, and continue reading this story

by Aamenah
@Aamenah456
Introverted Charlie never expected to gain the attention of Dia, the...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 23 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @Aamenah456.