Ch. 10: Socialising

"Kiara Riddle."

Chapter 10: Socialising

The friendship of Harry, Ron, Hermione and Kiara became quite severed as Ron and Hermione refused to communicate and be within each other's presence. Lavender Brown was spending large amounts of time around Ron, not wasting any moment of the day to share saliva. As a result, Kiara tended to avoid being around Ron, in fear that she would set Lavender's hair on fire. Harry followed a similar path but chose to spend equal time with Ron during the day when he wasn't around Lavender while joining Hermione and Kiara in the library in the evenings.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes. I really couldn't care less," Hermione growled, puncturing a hole in her parchment as she scribbled notes.

Kiara raised her eyebrows at Harry who remained silent. Ever since the post-Quidditch Game party, Harry became quieter. Unfortunately for him, he was torn between his two best friends. It was easier for him to keep his mouth shut tight, rather than worsening the situation unintentionally.

"And incidentally, you need to be careful."

"For the last time. I am not giving back this book. I've learned more from the Half-Blood Prince than Snape or Slughorn have taught me in-,"

"She's not referring to that," Kiara rolled her eyes as Hermione gave his book a nasty look, as though it was rude to her.

"I'm talking about earlier. We went into the girls' bathroom just before we came in here and there were about a dozen girls in there, including that Romilda Vane, trying to decide how to slip you a love potion. They're all hoping they're going to get you to take them to Slughorn's party and they all seem to have bought Fred and George's love potions, which I'm afraid to say probably work-,"

"They do. Fred and George wouldn't sell a product that doesn't work," Kiara added grimly.

"Why didn't you confiscate them then?" Harry demanded, looking between the two girls in surprise.

"They didn't have the potions with them in the bathroom. They were just discussing tactics."

"I threatened to Mutatio Skullus their heads if they even tried though. And I'm sending a letter to George about giving them fake love potions if they order anymore. Being the silent inventor of the products in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes comes with some perks."

"Yes, well, I think it might be too late for that," Hermione sent Kiara a pointed look. "As I doubt the Half-Blood Prince could dream up an antidote for a dozen different love potions at once, I'd just invite someone to go with you, that'll stop all the others thinking they've still got a chance. It's tomorrow night, they're getting desperate."

"There isn't anyone I want to invite," Harry mumbled grumpily.

"Poor us, Hermione. If only his two best friends were girls," Kiara said dramatically, sighing heavily.

"Well, just be careful what you drink, because Romilda Vane looked like she meant business."

Harry was silent for a few minutes. "Hang on a moment... I thought Filch had banned anything bought at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes?"

"After being friends with the twins and I for six years, are you seriously asking that question?"

"But, I thought all the owls were being searched. So, how come these girls are able to bring love potions into the school?"

"Fred and George send them disguised as perfumes and cough potions. It's part of their Owl Order Service."

"You know a lot about it."