Grelod the "Kind"

It was almost night time when I finally reached Riften. The air was cold and everything was silent. The only few people I saw in this little town were a few guards, but some of them where sitting on the ground and seemed to be sleeping. I must admit that I'm also quite tired. I have been walking for like 2 days and only had a couple hours of sleep. Well what do I even know? I rarely keep track of time.
I can take a nap once I've killed that old hag.

I walk around in the small town, it was dark and the only light sources were a few lanterns hanging here and there.

I finally found the orphanage Aventus had told me about. I searched the small building for an entrance and found a slightly opened window. I climbed through it and ended up in a small room. Looked like a bedroom.

I could hear some old woman yelling. There was a door in front of me. I looked through the small crack where the light came through and could see some children with bowed heads standing beside their beds.
"You are all worthless and irritating! No wonder your parents didn't want you. So remember to always obey my rules! Since I'm the reason you are all still alive and well!" An old woman was scolding the children for a reason I don't know. "Yes Grelod" the kids said in unison.
Ah! So this old hag was my target, kinda figured though.

Perhaps this was her room? I hid in the shadows in the corner of the room. I pulled out one of my daggers and waited. The waiting felt like years. It actually felt great. I was used to this feeling, the feeling of waiting for the right moment. I knew what was gonna happen. It was the moment right before my kills that I loved the most. That was where I felt most at peace. Everything in my body was silent, my mind, my breathing, everything. It felt good.
The darkness of the shadows engulfed me. This is where I belong.
In the shadows never seen and never noticed. Only a faint memory in people's dreams. Like a phantom!

I got carried away again. I need to focus!
"And what do you guys say to me when I take care of you?!" The old hag was getting on my nerve with all of her yelling. "We love you Grelod"

I could hear footsteps coming closer and the door to the room opens up. I took a deep breath and prepared myself , Grelod walked in. She closed the door, leaving it slightly open and went towards the bed. I walked silently up behind her, making sure no one could see me through the door.
I took out my dagger and held I it against her back and with my other hand I covered her mouth.
"Aventus sends his regards" I whispered coldly into her ear. Her whole body stiffened, she knew what I was talking about and what was about to happen. I then plunged the blade into her back while making sure she couldn't scream. Her blood covered my blade, staining it with a deep red colour.
I felt her body trying to fight it's way out of my grasp. But it was no use. She slowly became more and more weak till she had no fight left and fell limp in my arms. I placed her on her bed and dried of my blade in her bed sheets.
Funny, how a moment ago she was just walking the halls of this orphanage, unknown to her own fate. Now she was just another of the many victims of my blade. Sometimes I wonder if I would have turned out different had I grown up with my parents. I mean, I must have had parents at one point? nothing else would make sense?

I felt the cold wind from the window, brush against my cheek. I need to get moving before anyone sees me. It wouldn't look that good for me.
I climbed out the window and ran.

I stopped running when I reached the stables.
Hmm, no one's here. Well might as well borrow a horse, it's not stealing when no one is here to claim ownership.
I climbed onto one of the horses and started galloping in the direction of Windhelm.
The air was cold and fresh and I could smell the rain. The stars above me shined brightly and the moon lit up the road in front of me.

WINDHELM

Riding was a lot faster than walking and it wasn't as tiring, I could get used to this.
I climbed down from the horse and left it at the stables. "This is your new home buddy" I said to the horse and it just looked at me like some brain dead idiot. Well you were a lot of help to me but I don't need a horse, I don't need some needy animal to feed. That's just a waste of time.
I waved goodbye to the horse and entered the city of Windhelm.
I walked straight for Aventus home.

I found him sitting at the small table, he looks up at me with hopeful eyes.
"Well? Grelod the Kind. Is she... you know?" He sounded nervous when he asked me.
"Grelod the Kind is dead." I said.
"Aha! I knew you could do it! I just knew it! I knew the Dark Brotherhood would save me! Here, just like I promised. This should fetch you a nice price. And thank you. Thank you again." Aventus was overjoyed by the news and he handed me a beautiful dagger, the blade was made of a dark metal, it looked almost black and it had a small blue stone on the handle.
It felt good in my hand. I'm probably gonna keep this for myself.
Aventus thanked me again before I left.

As I walked out of the city it started to snow. It wasn't as cold anymore and there was no wind. And I don't know what it was, but something told me I shouldn't stay here. The horse I had left at the stables were still there.
I walked up to him and he seemed okay and actually quite happy to see me. "Well, seems like I'll have to borrow you again".
I started riding towards south west. Hoping I would be able to get out of this ice land.