Goretober #4

#4 Gemstones

After hearing of the mysterious death of a 17 year old girl, Mia was no longer able to walk alone at night. Her parents made sure of it. In the news, the girl had been found dead with her eyes ripped and hair cut off on a sidewalk by the park. The thing about this story, was that it her eyes were cleanly cut out, and there was no sign of struggle. There wasn't even any blood, which was the oddest thing. People were led to believe the killer just dumped the body.

Mia was walking home with her older sister, Lucy. They were merely a mile away from the crime scene, so Mia was a bit frightened. Lucy, however, wasn't worried.

"Hey, hey!" Lucy tugged at Mia's shirt while laughing, "Wanna go to the park?"

Mia was baffled at this. Her sister was always the type of person to stay away from danger.

"Are you feeling okay?" She whispered.

"Perfectly fine. I just want some excitement!"

Lucy, not waiting for a response from Mia, began skipping off toward the park. Unfortunately, Mia had to follow her. What could possibly happen? She thought.

Everything was eerily quiet. There were no cars in sight, nor were there any people. Lucy looked at Mia and grinned. She didn't seem at all shocked at the absence of life.

Just then, Mia began to shake. Something wasn't right. The girl's death, the oddness of her sister and the silence. These were all wrong. Was it just all one big prank? No. That couldn't be it. Something more sinister must be happening.

"Look at me." Lucy's voice broke the silence, "C'mon. Just face me for a sec!"

Mia turned to her sister, and was horrified at what she saw. Lucy's beautiful red hair had become rock solid. Now, it looked like a ruby was smashed onto her head. Her eyes were changed into blue sapphires. And her nails had numerous types of gems broken into them. She was scratching her face, which caused black blood to bubble to the surface of her skin.

"L-Lucy..." Mia cried, not knowing what to do. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. She couldn't move. She didn't want to move. Something was keeping her attention focused on the being in front of her. She only knew one thing for sure: This wasn't her sister.

The creature raised a finger to Mia's eyes. Although, it hadn't touched her yet. It gazed at her, with that terrifying smile.

"I am not Lucy, dear child. Now, please, this would be easier if you don't move."

Another note: Yeah. I'm gonna put notes at the bottom all the time. Sorry. Anyway! Hi Hi! Don't hesitate to put criticism, by the way!