Prologue

My name is Marinette Dupain- Cheng and this is my story. Growing up I was always different but I never realized just how different. It started on my fourteenth birthday, my parents woke me up and told me they had something important to tell me, I walked down the stairs when I saw them sitting at the kitchen table.

"Marinette sweetie we've noticed some strange things going on lately and we believe it to be your true heritage coming out." Mom said. Wait do they know about me growing a tail like the girls in H2O whenever I get wet. So far I've been able to hide it by wearing waterproof clothes I designed myself but if they know who else might know. Wait my true heritage

"In light of what's going on we believe that you should be told the truth. When you were younger me and your mother struggled to have a child of our own until eventually we gave up and adopted a child." Dad said.

"So I have a little sibling?" Inasked hoping that was it. However I doubt that's it.

"Not quite you see Marinette we adopted a little girl. That little girl was you, however what we didn't know was that your biological parents didn't want to give you up. They've finally found you and want you back. They are willing to let you come and visit if you want to." Aunt sabine said.

"When are they coming?" I asked .

"Theyll be here later today yo explain a bit more. They'll also be transferring you out of Francois Dupont and into a school in the United states in Oregon close to where they live." Uncle Tom said. Great I've got to call my friends and say goodbye before my parents get here. So I guess I'm starting a brand new life.