Chapter three

A/N: Okay, disclaimer, I'm ill, tired and super loopy on cold and sleep medicine... So any errors, I'm sorry! If they're that bad lemme know and I'll change 'em at some point. 

The next day, Gladio tried subtly pointing out the grey streaks in Ignis' hair, the other merely disregarded the notion with an indignant huff. Some part of him knew and just didn't want to acknowledge it, would you at only twenty-three? It wasn't so long ago he might've joked about it but then again, it was just that. Though he may feel guilty, Gladio still thought it amusing how he later caught Ignis examining his hair in the mirror, scowling at the silver invaders.

"If it makes you feel better, I think you'd rock it. Gonna start callin' you Silver Fox." Gladio smiled, leaning in the bathroom doorway.

Ignis tilted his head, sending him a half-heart glare betrayed by a fond smile. "If you value your life, you won't." He threatened. Gladio held up his hands, pretending to be scared before the grin broke his facade. "Now. You and I need to have a chat."

"I don't like the sound of that but- You're the boss. What about?"

Rather than immediately answer, Ignis scooted past him and into the kitchen, sitting on one of the stools. Gladio followed suit, taking the stool opposite him. "No need to fret. I merely wanted to ask you whether you've found anymore books, I've not had the time nor been in the right area to search."

Gladio shook his head, arms crossed and lips pursed. Unfortunately scouring ruins for books hadn't been high on anyone's agenda recently, Talcott tries to read as many as he can get his hands on but there's only so much material left or mildly insightful. "Sorry Igs, ain't been high on the priority list. But... I think there's someone we can ask. You remember when I went off on my own?"

"Of course. You think Gilgamesh still walks the halls of the Tempering Ground?" Ignis tapped his index finger on his lip thoughtfully. "It's worth a look I suppose. However, I may ask Prompto to accompany me to Niflheim, I've been told the Empire has fallen and there is a great deal of knowledge left lying around. Supplies, too, most likely and some we are in need of."

It took a moment for that to process. Sure, the Empire had been quiet, stray groups of MT's here and there from the prior invasion efforts. Although, Gladio can't recall giving the other's any details on his impromptu trip, least of all the Blademaster's name.

"How'd you-? Never mind. So, you're sayin' I go find the Blademaster, if he's still around and ask him if he knows a way to save Noct... While you and Prom jump into enemy territory. Alone. I miss anything?" Gladio said, sounding more bitter than intended. "Are you nuts?!"

Ignis rolled his eyes and frowned at the countertop. "What would you suggest? We must do something. Gilgamesh served the Founder King and is already acquainted with you, he may have knowledge we can use. Prompto and I are more than capable of venturing to Niflheim, if it'll out your mind at ease, I can ask Aranea to accompany us."

"I don't like it. No way. If you wanna go, I'm coming with. I can deal with you two loose in Lucis but not in another country, I can't protect you while I'm here." He replied, ignoring Ignis' blatant sulking across the counter. "Quit sulking. Iggy... Alright! Fine! It's a plan but, you gotta get Aranea to go with you at least." Across the counter, Ignis beamed at his victory.

With that decided, the pair of them paid Monica a visit to see if she had any hunts or odd jobs close by they could tackle, to pass the time until Prompto and Aranea return. However long that may be. Naturally she was overjoyed to see them still alive and kicking, eagerly questioning them about their recent endeavours, which mainly applied to Ignis, Gladio didn't leave Lestallum much while he was gone. Or the apartment for that matter. Cor roasted his ass for that on more than one occasion.