Chapter 1

"Look I just need an advance. I know this is getting annoying but It's Julia's birthday this week and I need to get her a gift." I asked slightly feeling like an inconvenience "Robert this is getting really old I can't keep giving you your pay before pay day seriously. No more! Understand?"
James replied! "Damn James please I really need it." I pathetically begged. "I can't keep funding your addiction I have no way of knowing how you're gonna spend this and you work the rest of the week i can't have you high at work. So no if that's how you want to spend your money on pay day fine but not during the work week! Understand?"
"Yeah" I said as I walked away ashamed and embarrassed.

I'm so tired of being such a shitty dad I can't even do that right I don't know how I'm even supposed to raise her but I do know she's my everything and hate to see the look in her eyes when I let her down. You may think I'm pathetic and you may think I'm scum but I love my girl more than my life itself. So when an opportunity presented itself to make my girl have a happy birthday I had to take a chance yeah I know it was wrong but this was my last resort...

"Hey Robert! I heard you talking to James earlier. You need another advance?" Yeah Terry. It's my da.."  "nah I don't need to know why you need it probably best if I don't. All I know is I've got away for you to get little extra cash tonight it's hard work but it's worth it" he interrupted "what would I be doing?" I asked him shyly "just sitting in a car! You just sit outside I building wait for me and my guys to come out and then drive. That simple!"  "Wait you want me to help you rob a building?" I said shocked "dude it's not that bad we're just skimming a bit of the top little extra cash for the weekend. No one will even notice." He said confidently. "I'd just be driving?" I asked. "Just driving!" He replied.

So there I was sitting in the parking lot of a large building on 3rd and center it was dark and a mist was shrouding the city from the other side of the river lights could be seen flashing as boats came in and out of the harbor. But on this side no lights but the dim lights light up the block. On the other side of the road parked half on the road and half on the side walk was an old 1998 Toyota T100 sitting right under the street light which was odd cause that house was condemned.

Then suddenly my door opened and 2 guys with guns, masks, and bags (presumably filled with cash) jumped in and yelled. "Drive!"  So I did I turned the key in the ignition and my Toyota Corolla jumped into life I reversed almost into a dumpster still shaken from the scare than the sped off! In my rear view Mirror I saw two more men jump in the T100 and slowly pull down an alleyway. I slowed down thinking I should follow them thinking it was terry but my passenger yelled "what are you doing? We don't have time for this!" so I started to speed up preparing to make a turn on to center and then. "Whoop whoop" red and blue flashed on my windshield and In my rear view mirror. I didn't know what to do I'm not a criminal so I just stoped turned off the car and got out with my hands up.