One Shot

Hm, should just get it over with and block that negress tbh. I've seen funny tweets from her and she goes hard for bey, mani, and bts but lol after seeing gidle in the list of people she goes up for, I should've known she'd pulled that shit. 'Can you come with something else?' in response to a nigga clownin that bitch's racist ass for 'ethnic hip' leaving her mouth like negroes especially need to know that these kpop nigggas ain't worth it. Was really borderline actin like a coon over that broad. Bitch literally started chanting as a way of stereotypically imitating African tribal chants and yet, all she has to say is 'Can you come up with something else?' But anyways, to all tuning into this fic, I hope y'all enjoy it.:D Feedback of any kind is very much appreciated.:) 

-

It wasn't easy being twelve and yet, being expected to run an entire restaurant by herself from taking the customers' orders to wiping the tables down to washing the dishes and so much more tasks that wouldn't put as much stress on her if she were given a helping hand from her mother. "The customer is always right" is a universal saying across all businesses involving customer service but this was the Isle of the Lost so it was nothing but a bunch of bullshit and something that would only make her job all the more unbearable than it already was. Whether or not she gave these bastards called customers a "customer service friendly attitude", they still always came back to this shitty establishment.

The shop has a handful of regulars with the dimwitted, youngest son of Gaston being one of them. Perhaps, if Gil wasn't so damn harmless, she'd find his idiocy and every day presence at the shop irritating. While on the clock at work, she made her bad attitude known by always keeping a scowl on her face and shooting a glare at anyone who got too rowdy. Gil wasn't turned off by her unfriendliness, though, always greeting her warmly upon entering the shop and making one-sided small talk with her when she'd happened to venture near the table he was sitting at while sweeping the floors. She'd snapped at customers before and always felt tempted to tell Gil to shut the fuck up but she just...couldn't. And it was a fact that irked her because he was just another annoying customer and yet, she couldn't find it in her to be mean to him.

Just because she ignored Gil didn't mean she was lacking in observational skills. It had been approximately two years, since Gil last stepped into the shop alongside his family. The family of five had frequented the restaurant for years until they suddenly stopped and then it was only Gil coming into the shop all by his lonesome. While Gil liked to switch it up when it came to ordering off the menu, the one thing that remained consistent is him always ordering a side of fishcakes.

She figured that today would be another busy, dreary day for her at the shop but then the young girl paused, a sudden off feeling making her grip the handle of the broom, her cold, harsh eyes scanning the area. Her eyes fall on Gil, eyebrows creasing at his slumped shoulders and at the fact that he hadn't even touched his food. She tells herself to get back to work, to stop staring at Gil but she knows that even if she does, she won't be able to focus and hates that it'll be all because the idiot sitting alone at the table near the center of the shop isn't chipper today like he usually is. Whatever it was that had the fool down, she's sure that in a little bit over an hour, he'll be back to normal.

Uma refuses to admit to herself that she's simultaneously keeping watch of the clock and the very reason that the shop's atmosphere doesn't feel right today. Uma clenched her jaw, trying to keep a growl from leaving her throat. She'd given the damn fool three fuckin hours so why the hell was he still looking like a kicked puppy!? If this is how he was gonna act today, he should've stayed his ass at home because christ, he makes concentrating impossible!