THE TRUTH

Please read the Author's note at the end of the chapter, hope you enjoy the chapter :) (not my image above)

It felt like his heart was closing in on itself. It felt like his lungs were being squeezed, slowly in agony, inching him towards an inevitable panic attack.

Bucky didn't think he knew this base. He knew it existed it, but he didn't think he knew it. All that was proven wrong as soon as they landed, and the mysterious steel walls shadowed the camouflaged jet. The memories were so distant he almost had to reach out and grasp onto to them to hold on, however, they were there. How many people had he killed and tortured here?

How many times was his mind wiped and replaced with a clean slate?

Shuri was right. This is a terrible idea. Bucky should be healing. He should be back on his farm, feeding his goats, or playing with the curious village children. But no. Steve says he needs help and Bucky didn't think twice.

'Idiot. Idiot, idiot, idiot. You're supposed to think things through, not launch yourself back into another battle.'

Bucky has to shake the pestering thoughts from his head. He's good. He's clean. Hydra can no longer control him with the mutter of measly words.

"James?" Natasha's hand gently laying on his shoulder snaps the soldier back into reality. "Are you okay?"

Bucky swallows, nodding. "Just thinking," Forcing a tight smile, he adds, "I'm fine."

The Red Room soldier doesn't seem to believe her teammate, but nods, nonetheless.

"Are we ready to head out?" Steve stands up from the co-pilot seat, picking up a vibranium gun that had been resting in his lap.

"And go kill these sons of bitches?" Sam raises from the pilot's seat, nodding firmly. "Always."

"Alright then. Let's go defeat Hydra."

<><><>

Power. What a word. What a feeling. Power. There's nothing quite like it. Feeling the rush of superiority pumping through your veins... who gives a damn about morals when you have power?

Dimochka smirks to himself at the thought. All this time, he sat below Rumlow, waiting and listening to his orders and plans like some mutt. He could've built Hydra into an empire all this time, if perhaps his boss wasn't such an idiot. Once he successfully transmits the files into The Winter Soldier's mind, he will be a God to the other agents. Sure, the girl may never function properly again, but what does that matter? She was tainted, anyhow. It wouldn't be long before Rumlow saw that, and by then, there would only be two outcomes to the situation. Dispose of Raina like he should have done months ago, or allow the meaningless mentor/student relationship he had formed with her take over, exposing him as the weak minded leader he is. This way, Rumlow will be forced to dispose of Raina and start anew. With a more powerful soldier. Or better. Dimochka will be able to convince the others to kill off Rumlow all together.

Raina's body shook in seizure like fashion as the ripples of electricity and radiation clawed through her veins, quite literally prying her brain open and forcing information into it. She couldn't think, or move, or speak. She was paralyzed, and all she wanted was for the pain to stop. Never has she felt pain like this before. Not in all her years as the Winter Soldier. It felt as if someone- something- was ripping her skull open with their bare hands, then proceeding to attempting to crush her skull with a mallet. Someone may as well have been jamming metal sticks through her brain, and her veins were burning vigorously. She should've known better than to trust Dimochka. But who gives a shit about that now? Her body felt like it was about to explode into a million pieces.