moon - finn

warning: none

summary: I'll let you figure it out, but in this you are 35+ and have a 15 year old daughter.

Y/n POV

coffee mug in hand, I stood in the kitchen waiting for Liliah, my daughter, to come home from school. I had a gift for her that I was eager for her to see.

the door was opened and I heard her come inside.

"hey bubba, how was school?" I called, putting my mug down and waiting for her to walk into the kitchen.

but she didn't. she mumbled a "fine." and I heard her shuffle upstairs. by the tone of her voice she sounded upset.

I frowned. Liliah and I have a close relationship. we share everything with each other and we have no secrets. I usually let her work things out herself but her tone had me concerned.

I headed upstairs and knocked on her door.

I heard a sniffle and then a "yeah?"

"can I come in, love?"

"okay."

I opened the door and walked to sit on her bed next to her. her hair was a little frizzy and her eyes were puffy from crying.

"can I ask what's wrong?" I said after a minute.

Liliah sniffled again, then wiped her eye with the back of her hand, "umm..." she sniffed, "uh today we watched one of dad's old movies in class..."

I looked down, "oh..."

she then broke down and flung herself into my arms, getting her tears on my sweater but I really didn't mind.

"it's okay, baby, it's okay." I reassured her.

she calmed down after a while and sat up.

"can I show you something?" I said, she nodded.

I pulled out a pretty little box from my pocket and held it out to her.

she took it gently from my hand and slowly lift the lid up. she picked up the moonstone necklace that was inside.

"your father gave that to me 20 years ago on this day." I explained and pointed to the round stone in the middle, "that is a moonstone and he told me he gave me this because I was his moon. the source of light within all dark, the source of comfort when you think everything is crashing down on you. I kept it ever since and now I think it's time you have it. you can keep it and hand it to your partner or kid when you're older." I told her, then wiping one of my own tears.

Liliah smiled and rubbed the stone in her hand, "mom, I..."

"thank you."

I nodded and helped her put it on.

(time skip)

the next day I went down to the graveyard and to Finn's grave. I had white flowers in my hand to honor the moonstone. I sat by my husband's grave until I noticed a note pinned by it...

dear Dad,

how are you? I'm good. I miss you. I really miss you. today in class the teacher played one of your old movies. it made me think of that one night. the night when I was seven and I came home to mom crying. that night where she had to explain to me what happened to you. how you went to go film your new movie, got in a fatal car crash and didn't come back home. I miss you. mommy too. she misses you a lot. she tries to stay strong for me but I can tell that she still hurts to this day. I hope you don't blame yourself for what happened, it isn't your fault. mom made me feel better today. she gave me the moonstone necklace you gave her when you were 15. there's a girl in my class, I really like her and I think I might ask her out. maybe she might even be the one..?

I love you,
Liliah.

I smiled to myself and laid down on the dirt next to him. laid there until the moon rose and watched over us, both of us.