Chapter 7

My Ninja Way
“Country of Waves Pt. 4”

                She had been sitting in the forest alone, sitting in front of a tree with her palms placed flat against the trunk as she focused on cooling them willingly, when a hand clamped down on her shoulder tightly.

                Yelping, she pushed herself away in caution until her eyes met those of Sasuke’s and she let out a breath of relief before becoming stiff once more.

                Sasuke stared for a moment longer, his eyes going from the tree and then to her. “You still didn’t tell me.”

                “Tell… you what?” Nori blinked slowly, confusion pushing away her nervousness.

                “How to climb.” Sasuke nonchalantly tilted his head as he pointed at the tree.

                “Oh.” Nori blinked one last time, before scrambling to her feet when she realized he was waiting for her to speak. Clearing her throat, she glanced up at him. “S-so the trick is to…”

.

.

.

                Turning her attention away from Kakashi and Sakura down below them on the ground, Nori turned her eyes to Naruto and Sasuke, Sasuke on the tree next to her and Naruto a branch lower than her.

                “I can totally climb this high now!” Naruto exclaimed happily as he stood, only a moment after he flew forward, letting out yells of panic before he lunged forward to fall.  Nori’s eyes widened and she jumped to his branch instantly to help him—and then he stuck to the branch, hanging upside down.

                “GOTCHA!” He grinned widely.

                Letting her mouth part in shock, Nori stared at him in disbelief. How could he do that?!

                He was reaching upwards to pull himself back on the branch, when his feet suddenly popped off the branch. Of course his reaction was to yell and grab onto something for support, and that support happened to be Nori.

                Letting out a noise in surprise, the red head flew forward off the branch when Naruto wrapped his hand around her ankle and dragged her down with him. Reaching her arms out in attempt to grab something, Nori realized it would be useless with Naruto clenching her ankle like that.

                And then her body jerked forward and she found herself staring at a shocked Kakashi and Sakura from above. Why wasn’t she falling? Glancing upwards, Nori’s face turned bright red as she put her hands on her stomach to hide the exposed skin before turning to look at what stopped them from falling.

                Sasuke was the one hanging upside down on the branch now, only his feet and chakra holding himself to the tree. His pale hand was wrapped around Naruto’s ankle, holding him up as Naruto did the same to Nori.

                “Hmpf!” Nori jerked forward once more and her face paled when she realized Naruto’s grip was slipping on her ankle. She met eyes with Naruto’s as his hand slipped a little more.

                “Idiot, grab her hand—” Sasuke was cut off because his own grip loosened. Frantically reaching forward, both Naruto and Nori reached for each other’s hands before they all fell.  Their fingertips brushed and then Sasuke purposely let go of Naruto’s ankle, sending the two ninja under him falling once more.