I Know What You Did Last Summer Pt. 1 - Shawn

I remember it like it was yesterday, sitting in a dressing room with hordes of people running around doing everything from hair and make up to getting set-lists approved, outfit changes organised – the whole lot. It was manic but somehow, Camila and I found ourselves sitting in a corner, guitar in hand, messing about with some melodies. We were both performing on Taylor Swift's 1989 tour and found a bit of time between sets to just hang out. Naturally we gushed about how lucky we were to be performing with our idol and, let's just say creativity breeds creativity. Writing I Know What You Did Last Summer was a bit of fun, just two teenagers messing about and solidifying a friendship in the process.
Looking back now, I knew I was starting to crush badly on this petite, brown-eyed, crazy goofy girl. I couldn't believe that a laugh that loud and a voice that incredible could come out of someone so tiny! Either way, laughing our way through the concert and the Swift-Mania, something was starting to change for me. I found my manager Andrew and told him what we'd put together, he was sly about it but said he'd keep it in the back pocket for a rainy day.
I hoped he wasn't lying.