II

I search all around Odin, as if to find Loki hidden somewhere here. It's more naive wish than an expectation. But when I obviously have no avail, I sink to the ground and start hyperventilating a bit, feeling....abandoned.

This is the first time Loki has just disappeared without an explanation, or at least revealing his trick. But now he's just gone! Is he dead? What did Odin do to him?! I never should have stopped following them. Where is my Loki?!

I sulk down to the ground as I glare up at Odin, as if he could see me, but I'm fully aware he can't. I try not to cry right now, I don't know what to feel...
As I stare, I suddenly slow my breathing. Something is different here...

I remember back to when I'd spy on Odin counseling with the princes. He always slouched. I didn't think that was very kingly, but he was an old man, even then. His posture should be even worse now, but it looks to have improved.

Wait a second...

If Loki were really dead, his spirit would be here with me. He'd be in my form...but he isn't here...

I rise to "Odin's" level again, careful to stay silent as I study him. He's wearing the exact same half smirk that Loki always wears...

Suddenly I jump away and twirl in joy, covering my mouth to avoid screaming for it. It doesn't even cross my mind at the time that this is Loki impersonating the king and the real Odin is nowhere to be found. I'm too happy that my prince is alive.

This means Loki could also hear me if I tried talking to him, he has Odin's staff! I pace in mid air, keeping my eyes locked on "Odin" as I come up with the right thing to say to Loki after all these years. Something that he could possibly remember...

I start my sentence and end it in the same second. I was cut off at the word "I" before I heard a familiar voice overpower my own. I tear my gaze off Odin and look at who it was. Thor. "Father." He addressed.

I do like Thor anymore, he's not the foolish boy he used to be. I think it's because of that Jane Foster, he's pretty smitten over her...and it is adorable.

I suddenly look back to Loki again- I mean Odin, and that's when it finally clicks that what Loki is doing here is dangerous. He's pretending to be the King, he may have killed Odin.

I watch Odin as he and Thor have their conversation. If my suspicion is correct and this is only Loki playing dress up, then what Thor is requesting just may work out in his favor. I was right, this is all because of Jane. He wants to be on earth with her. Surly enough, Odin grants it...and also lets Thor keep his powers.

I know Loki is supposed to be acting as much like Odin as he possibly can, and he's doing a marvelous job, but why would he let Thor keep the power? He could come back, he could still find Loki out. It's just a loose end...and Loki doesn't leave loose ends.