Challenge #3

Challenge: Write something inspired by the picture on the side.

She had no choice but to see the world tinged with rose; that's how she was born, and that's how she would die. Optimism sometimes leads to fatal wounds to the soul; when beliefs are questioned, and identity is built on a lie. The love she felt for him shone through her eyes, so much so that they changed to suit her emotions. Pink for happiness, but pink also for the raw tears she cried when he took advantage of her vulnerability. He was her whole world, and the world was cruel.

The patriarchy buried this sin- by the man who was supposed to love her  for better or for worse- under excuses and lies and rumours, and whispered insincere consolations. They laughed at her ruby tears, and when blood filled her eyes, they turned away as though nothing was happening.

As though the world wasn't off balance.

Pink changed to red,
Fury flooded her senses.
She cloaked herself in darkness,
And set out to seek revenge.

Her soul was tainted and broken, but that did not make her weak. She knew where he was hiding, she found him, she returned the world to homeostasis.

Her eyes were pink with exhilaration. His eyes were dead.

As was the rest of him.

A/N: Not completely happy with this.