Possession

I quickly threw off my book bag and yanked out my journal, quickly flipping to the page that contained various exorcism chants.
My eyes scanned the pages quickly before I began to recite the words that may save my friend. It was risky but there was no other option.

I scowled at the pest who took over my friend,before reciting the words.

"Excorzamus te omnis immundis spiritus,omnis-"
I continued

"Oh you're gonna regret that you little bitch" the demon insultingly shouted

"AUDI NOS" I scream

Emding the exorcism, black smoke flys from Veronica's convulsing body before she collapses. I run over setting my hand under her head and attempting to wake her up.

Her eyes slowly flutter open and close, Veronica begins to regain consciousness. I signal Ethan to grab the flask beside me, containing holy water. He throws the liquid onto her..no effect.
"Thank god" I huff

"Where am I?" Veronica mumbles
Her eyes widen seeing the blood stained clothes Ethan and I are in.

She kicked her legs sitting herself up. Veronica ends up in a coughing fit, I dig around my bag and grab my water bottle out of the left pocket.
"Here, drink this you need it" I instruct

She grabs the bottle of water, quickly gulping every sip. Slowly she regained her sense of control, and when she finally did..she was terrified.

"Cass! What the hell happened? Where am I? What is Ethan doing here?"
Amidst her questioning, before I could answer her she looked down at her hands.

There was blood on her hands, the black eyed scum that took over her body killed one person. Like a domino affect each person we loved was killed, my mind could only think of one person.

Her mind went to the same place.

Veronica broke down. The exhaustion of possession finally taking her over. She closed her eyes and ended up asleep. I laid her on the bed in the room next to me.

"Ethan. We should talk, I'll explain things to you now.Then to Ronnie when she wakes up."
I waved my hand and motioned for him to come to the couch.

I sat down on the dusty green couch, it was felt and rugged.
Ethan day directly across from me on an old lazy-boy kick up chair.
He clamped his hands go get and leaned on his knees with his elbows.

Ethan looked into my eyes, his pleading for answers. Wishing this was all some sick and twisted dream.

I wish it was.

I looked down, fiddling with my hands and letting out a sigh.
"Ethan..there are monsters out there. Every horror tale you've been told. Vampires, werewolves, ghouls. Angels and demons too."
His eyes widened at that last sentence.

I leaned down and grabbed my journal off the floor, some papers crumpled when I dropped it after the exorcism.
I opened up to my collection of lore pages, and handed it to Ethan.
My eyes glanced downward at the pages, he began to read.

"Look through that as much as you'd like, just do not look at the pages bonded by the leather clasp. Those are personal. Got it?"
I said calmly
He just nodded and continued to immerse himself in the text.

I got up,and walked towards the kitchen to get my self something to eat. As well as wash the blood of my hands.

I rinsed my hands off under the warm sink water, the feeling of the warm water soothed me for a moment. Remembering washing the dishes with my mom.

I grabbed a small hand towel to dry my hands,a bit shredded but worked.
As I turned towards the cabinet to search for food, I noticed the old rotary phone on the wall.
My memory flashed to my mom handing me the note and number.