19

"Breakfast!" Peter called, kicking the door closed behind him.

Four teenage girls groaned and grumbled as they rolled over in their spots and promptly went back to sleep. Peter made a round of the room, waking them up one by one.

"Get up, losers. Tonight we head home."

"Ugh," Lana grumbled, rolling over again, "finally."

Peter sighed as he went to check up on Lana's shoulder wound. "Does anyone want to know about Morgan's superpowers?"

"I do!" Lana cried, sitting up and bumping her head against Peter's. "What the hell, Parker?"

"What do you mean, what the hell? You asked me to monitor your stupid cut!"

"Oh. Right. I did."

Peter rubbed his head and walked over to Nicole and Cassie. He tugged at the duvet. "I didn't wear Lana's stupid wig and get asked by three kids if I was still going to put my drag queen makeup on, for you to not eat the food I brought."

Morgan laughed into the pillow.

"I call shower!" Cassie suddenly shouted.

"What does she plan on changing into?" Nicole asked as Cassie sprinted like she was racing the others.

"Little miss over-prepared packed clothes from the house before Ellie and I set it for toeching. She packed the bags into the cars before we suited up."

"Huh. I'm next!"

Once they were all showered and dressed, Peter handed out the cheeseburgers and fries. "Desert consists of corn dogs I found on the way back. Enjoy, ladies."

They all sat around the coffee table as there weren't enough chairs for them all to sit at the dining table.

"So, whatever's giving Morgan her gifts isn't something I could identify. I've never seen anything like it."

"What was it like?" Nicole asked.

"It was . . . it was like her cells were repairing themselves. Like regeneration on a much, much higher level. Kinda like lizards but so much more. Whatever's in her body could probably cure any disease. It's like every single cell is a stem cell. It could become anything. I'm eighty-three percent sure Morgan can regrow limbs."

"I find that hard to believe," Cassie said, grinning.

"Does everyone remember when Lana and Morgan thought it would be fun to fight in the yard? And Morgan had that deep gash across her lower back?"

Nicole shuddered. "That was worse than Lana's shoulder."

Peter nodded. He lifted his eyebrows briefly at Morgan, who sighed and turned around, lifting her shirt. Cassie's jaw dropped.

"Where's the scar?" Lana asked as Morgan fixed her shirt and turned back to her breakfast.

"There isn't one. That's what I'm saying. Whatever this is, it didn't just give her all that fire power, pun intended, it's saved her from probably everything except beheading."

"Beheading?" Cassie asked, "you mean like the guys at the warehouse? The ones Lana killed?"

"You think those guys had this too?" Morgan asked

"If they were experimenting," Nicole said, "there were definitely more of them. So, as far as you could tell, it's not hurting Morgan?"

Peter shook his head. "Normally, with wierd shit like this, there's the risk of your body not accepting those strange new things. I looked for signs of that in Morgan. There's none. It's like -- it's like you bonded with whatever it is."