Cross my heart (And I hope to die)

All it took was a snap.

One snap to take her life.

One snap- five years later- to return it.

Not even ten minutes later, she was in a battle for it.

"Keep Tony away from the gauntlet. Either that or find some way to keep it from him."

Dr Strange had taken her aside, eyes stern, with a shadow of remorse. "He would try and wield it. It would kill him. Do not- I repeat, do not let him use it. There will be disastrous consequences to his death."

"I won't," Penny had said quickly. "But who won't die if they used it?"

"The Wakandan king. His suit would absorb the energy."

So she had.

Taking it far away, she had bounded over the rubble, not even stopping to see him.

She had heard him call her name once, when she had passed him, and she wondered if she had imagined the desperation in his voice.

But she couldn't stop.

If she did, she wouldn't be able to walk away.

She did see Ms Potts though.

And a cool woman on a flying horse who had carried her over the battlefield.

And Captain America, who knew her name.

Well, not really.

'Queens' wasn't her real name.

But it was still cool.

She'd also ridden Mjolnir, which was the. Coolest. Thing. Ever.

The gauntlet was surprisingly light, and deceptively beautiful.

She was only feet away from the Black Panther when she heard an enraged roar, and a giant hand grabbed her by the neck, something crunching as it squeezed, plucking the gauntlet from her spasming hand.

A booming laugh rang out from beside her, and the purple titan stepped to face her, tilting her face up. "Brave little bug, aren't you?"

Then he recoiled as Penny spat in his eye. "Spiders. Are. Arachnids." She gritted out.

She gasped as the hand tightened, then released, letting her fall, only to be forced to her knees by the alien who looked remarkably like Squidward.

"You will not speak to the all mighty Thanos in such a manner," he intoned.

Penny could hear yelling, faint screams…

Familiar voices-

Rhodey.

Pepper.

Tony…

Thanos pointed the gauntlet at her, smiling, pleased. "You will make a fine addition to my children."

The girl knelt, gazing at Father. "What would you ask of me?"

"To kill the Iron Man," he rumbled.

"Yes father."

The enemies had been forced to their knees by the titan  all with varying degrees of horror on their faces as she approached.

She stopped before a man in a metal suit, silver and grey. His eyes were scared, she noticed.