Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

• 4 •

Sebastian

Sebastian

"Dude," Dane says as he unlaces his skates. "Ask. Her. Out. You haven't stopped pining over Paisley for years."

I wipe sweat away from my forehead with a towel. Tonight's hockey practice was intense. Coach drilled us hard with suicide lines and defensive plays. "I'm thinking about it." I sigh, stretching my sore muscles. "There are a lot of factors to take into consideration, Dane."

"Come on, Bas." He laughs, clapping me on the back. "When have you ever let your parents prevent you from doing something? You and Paisley spent almost every night in August together."

I lean down, pretending to organize my hockey bag. My hands are jittery. Talking about dating Paisley makes me nervous. My train of thought from earlier makes me nervous. Before Amélie arrived, I was contemplating kissing Paisley.

"Dani asked about you," I say, changing the subject. My mind is a mess of riotous thoughts. My heart and logic are battling. One side strives to ask Paisley out. The other nullifies the need. "She was wondering how you are. Dane, you and Dani should talk. Whatever happened..."

He removes his skates, tossing them into his disastrous hockey bag. My acute OCD kicks in. Having an unorganized hockey bag makes my skin crawl.

"She doesn't want to talk to me," Dane replies. "Besides, even if she did, I wouldn't until you asked Paisley out."

Glancing over my shoulder, I cock a brow at him. "Is this a pact proposal?"

Dane brushes his unruly brown curls away from his sweaty forehead. His russet-brown skin shines beneath the fluorescent lighting as he leans back, crossing his arms. "If you want it to be," he challenges. "Ask Paisley out, and I'll talk to Dani before she leaves."

His voice wavers as he mentions Dani. I turn back to my bag, frowning. Nothing can shake Dane up. My inner curiosity is dying to know why they broke up. I, however, don't want to push. Their relationship is personal. If Dane wants to tell me, he will. Until then, I won't push.

"What do you say?" Dane asks, nudging me with his knee.

I pull my bottom lip between my teeth, my hands turning clammy as I zip my hockey bag shut. There's a chance I'm misreading Paisley's body language. I could create an awkward atmosphere within our friendship.

Am I willing to take that chance?

The answer is yes.

Oui.

I want to know how she feels about me. A powerful part of me believes we have a strong connection. Self-doubt plagues me, though...

"Fine," I reply, turning to Dane. I hold out my hand. "If I ask Paisley out, you must talk to Dani." I pause. That sounded forceful. "Do you want to talk to Dani?"

Dane's brown eyes flick to mine as he nods. The emotions on his face are nothing but vulnerable. They're filled with longing and regret. "I need a push."