Back to Life

EXCUSE THE MISTAKES !

Kirsten sat slouched down on the couch, texting her bestfriend, Alex. They had plans to meet up later but of course, she got lazy. She propped her feet up on the coffee table, crossing them at the ankles.

"Wuzzam scrub?" Anthony asked as he came into the living room from upstairs.

"Just tryna be like you old man," Kirsten said with a head nod as he went straight to the kitchen. He sat at the island and went through the stack of mail that was placed on the counter. After sorting through it, he trashed the junk mail and wrote out checks for the bills.

"Kirsten, can you take these to the post office sometime this week?"

Kirsten tilted her head back over the couch to see what he was referring to then put her attention back on her phone. "Why can't Nae do it? It's literally right by her school."

"Because I asked you to. Thanks."

Kirsten rolled her eyes, annoyed. She was ready to move out and get her own place. Being in the house was just too much for her. But as long as she was in school, her parents would support her financially. Once she graduated, her trust fund would be available to her.

"Fine."

Nae footed down the stairs, Braelyn right behind her. When they got to the bottom, Brae pushed passed her, running to the couch.

"Braelyn, watch where you're going!...... hi daddy," Nae said as she went straight to the refrigerator. She removed a bottled water and closed it back.

"Hey babygirl. Going for a run?" He asked looking at her apparel. She wore a pair of Adidas compression shorts with a white cropped sweater and black Adidas running shoes.

"You know it."

"You should take your sister with you."

"Yea, right.... later."

"Bye," Ant chuckled, shaking his head. Nae kisses her daddy's cheek and jetted through the living room out the front door. A few moments later, the from door opened again.

"Momma!" Braelyn yelled, jumping up and running to Leah. He hugged her tight as she played in his dreads.

"Hi momma's baby." She kissed his forehead and he let go, going back over to the couch. Leah then walked over to where Anthony was sitting at the island. Her hands wrapped around him as her head rested against his back.

"Hey baby daddy."

"Hey baby. How was therapy?"

"Very...... therapeutic," she laughed, releasing him. He turned around and looked down into her eyes. After everything they've been through, after all of the drama, he still looked at his wife as he did the first day he met her.

"You're so beautiful...."

"I know.. my man tells me every chance he gets," she sassed, before pecking him on the lips. Using her thumb, she wiped the glossy residue from his lips.

"16 years later and I still hate that stuff. You don't need it."

"I like my lips shiny."