Prologue - 16 years earlier

In the Western Forest lies a castle overlooking what's left of a once great sea. In one of the cellars, deep underground where the rats don't even dare go, screams can be heard. Terrifying screams of agony and pain.

A man is sitting on the floor, shackles preventing him from falling to the ground.

His body is bloody from cuts and whippings, ribs broken and cracked, bruises on his face and arms. He's wearing nothing more than black leather trousers, the only attire left of his own. Blood is spilling from his mouth when he tries to cough. Tears threaten to spill over once more.

Another man is watching him with a smirk, crown upon his head and hand ready to gesture for the guards to continue the torture.

''Do you really want to die here? For what? To try and take my power away from me?''

As the man's hand falls down, the guard kicks hard into the shackled man, crushing another rib. The crack echoes in the cell, so does the man's painful screams and grunts. He can barely breathe, his voice is a broken whisper.

''No... I want my family safe..'' He manages to look up on the man before him. He merely shrugs and nods at another guard.

Melted gold starts pouring down over the man's back. His voice is too broken to scream more.

''I don't care whatever power you have, I do not want it!'' he coughs out, teeth clenched hard. The guards look at their master, who has started smirking again.

''Very well, Dale Lextus. You will go safe, for now.''