...

Looking past the window; counting the raindrops. Then you look up at the vintage clock you have. Tik tok tik tok it says. After that, you’ve glance at the calendar which has a certain date encircled on it as if you’re counting days.

For the nth time you’ve done this routine. What is it that you’re waiting for?  You look messed up like death has finally set foot on your doors.  Ah! Yes I know what you’re waiting for.  You’re waiting for him. You’re waiting to live.

You’re a badmouthed girl. Who has this immature mind, insecure to yourself and once you had fight with him that it hurt you so much that you decided to break up with him. But you wanted him to beg, to plead you, woo you to change your mind but instead he walked away no words left and leaving you breathless.

Now you’re here in your almost crowded room. Yet you feel like there is something missing, like something is gone. It’s sad and empty and the only sounds you can hear are the mix tiktoks’ and pitter-patter of the rain. Like the cup of coffee you half-drink because it taste different unlike before when you and him shared your coffee time together here in your place. Back when everything is good minus the haywire of your place, talking about your future together and then suddenly topic changes into nonsense-sillythings and corny-chessy jokes. Then you both laugh heartedly, throwing his head back he then would always took a sip in your coffee. Back when everything is warm and sweet like a coffee.

And now you’re wishing he’s here instead of that cup of coffee.

You cry.  You’re thinking how stupid you are to make such a decision. Baka! Baka!  you say to yourself. Remembering the time you called him yet no answer. You visit him to his place but not a single trance of his shadow was to be seen nor on the places where you both always went to. You want to reach him again, but how can you reach someone if he’s not there? He’s nowhere to be found, gone like the rain outside. You shook your head erasing the thought that he might not come back at you.

And then it flashback to you the sweet month of February yet you felt bitter that day because of the hearts, flowers, pink-red and all the sweet cheesy stuff on the corner of the world it made you sick and feel alone. Guess that’s the side effect of being a NBSB huh? But then it was the day you first met the guy who taught you how to love, the guy whose heart got broken that time, where you both made your own story together and the rest is in the present.

It’s been a couple of weeks since then and your only chance is to wait.

Now you know how it feels to wait, realize the ache of waiting something uncertain and felt the feeling of being half-alive.

Days passed and the moment your waiting for has come— the day of Valentine’s and your suppose to be Anniversary. And you dress up as good as you wanted to be. You sighed as you looked at you reflection and forced a smile in your face. Ganbatte desu  comforting yourself and headed to the door.

Surprise greeted you as you see someone standing in front of you who is about to push the doorbell. It is him.

There you see him smiling and on cue tears stream down on your cheeks and wrapped your arms to the person you’ve been waiting for—your home, your valentine.

“Hey there. Ssh. I-I’m sorry. I’m sorry I left you and walked away. Because I thought it was the best for us to do. For us to think of ourselves, the situation and for us. I’m sorry I’ve been a jerk to you, I thought you don’t love me that’s why I stayed away for awhile.”

There you broke the hug and shove him in the stomach. “ouch” he said ignoring him you said, “I’ve always loved you. I almost die waiting for you and finding you! How can you say I don’t love you?!”

He grins and ruffles your hair. “Tsk.  Bad girl. I’ve been gone this past days because I wanted to give you something.”

He pulled something on his pocket a velvet box wrapped in maroon colored paper with a ribbon on it.

“Open it.”

You’re eyes sparkled upon meeting the box like the gold necklace with a cute strawberry pendant on it.

“Happy Anniversary.” He said shyly.

“What anniversary? We broke up right?” you jokingly ask. And laugh as you see the shock on his face.

“Just Kid—“   but he stopped you and then sealed your lips with a kiss as sweet as a strawberry.

[End]