Coin Flip |•| Chapter 1 |•|

(Y/N) was walking along the beach, trying to collect a crab that they had been fixated onto for half an hour or so, it's white colour blue eyes freaked them out slightly though, from what they knows, crabs aren't meant to have glowing blue eyes, but that's why they way trying to catch it. They lurched forward, their gloves hands almost in reach of the crab, they were just about to catch it when "(Y/N)! That's where you were! I'm glad I found you." Steven exclaimed as he ran up to you, his blue shirt contrasting his old red ones that she had seen lying around at Steven's house. "What's it Steven? You are almost just as exited when you heard cookie cat was back with all new flavours" (Y/N) replied, taking off their gloves and turning around to look at Steven. "I got a driving licence!" Steven grinned pulling out his licence. "Nice, you're still late to the boat though, I've had mine for a while" They boasted, pulling out their licence and turning it around showing him that it was authentic. "(Y/N), you don't even have- you don't even have a c-car" Steven laughed, choking on his words because of (Y/N)'s expression, which was pretty much a mix between disappointment, astonishment and anger. "Steven, when you crash your car or need it towed or jump-started, I will not help you" (Y/N) Deadpanned, furrowing their eyebrows as Steven hot up and helped them up. "Hey, actually, if I do ever need you to help me, wanna coin flip? I'll do heads, if it lands on heads you always have to help me, if it lands on tails than you get the bragging rights to your license" Steven said, pulling out a coin. "Okay, sure" (Y/N) replied, grinning at the thought of the rights to brag about the smallest thing. "Okay, three, two, one" Steven paused. "Flip!" Steven flipped the coin in the air, it landed back in his palm and he placed it on the topside of his other hand. "Itttt's- Tails" Steven laughed, showing (Y/N). "You know I'm still going to help you anyway? Right?" They responded, Steven nodded, and began to set off home, to Steven's home. (Y/N) Began walking backwards and finger gunning Steven, holding their licence in one hand, that was until they tripped over a rock and hit their head on the boardwalk that they were just about to step on. "Ow, I'm certainly sure that everything shouldn't be turning black right now but I'm sure that I won't pass out because that didn't hurt, heh-" (Y/N) got up their vision still blackish as they walked in the direction of the temple, well, they hoped it was the right direction. "(Y/N), are you sure you are okay?" Steven asked (Y/N) fast walking infront of them. "Steven, if I wasn't okay I'd be on the floor right nOW-" (Y/N) laughed, right as they fell down and almost smashed their face onto the board walk again if it wasn't for their hands saving them. "Are you sure about that?" Steven put his hand out for them to use to get up, which they did after they filed their eyes and groaned at Steven. "You are nothing like you were when you were younger" (Y/N) Complained, holding their own wrist as they walked up the stairs. "When did you meet me when I was younge-" Steven was cut off by you opening the door and Lion walking over to him and placing his head under his hand. (Y/N) walked through the door as they rubbed their eyes, their version had finally cleared up. They opened the fridge and grabbed leftover pizza to eat, they walked around the kitchen for a bit before their phone went off, it was Peridot.

"Peridot, did you loose your glasses again?" (Y/N) asked Peridot, groaning as you put down your half eaten cold slice of pizza. "No, I um, might of uh-" Peridot was cut off by Lapis suddenly barging in. "She accidentally dropped a metal beam on me and she thought she had poofed me" (Y/N) was silent before hanging up and going back to eating the cold pizza slice.

"Steven! What are you doing out there?" (Y/n) asked him as you placed your phone down on the counter and began causally walking outside, Lion was on top of Steven and probably killing Steven. "Steven climbed on top of be after he knocked me over, and now I'm stuck, could you go get a lion licker for him?" Steven asked, still trying to push the pink lion off of them. "Only after I take a picture" (Y/n) replied after you poked Steven in the eye. "Don't you dare-" Steven said before bubbling himself and falling down the stairs. "Was that intentional?" (Y/n) called out, watching Steven bubble himself again before hitting the ground. "Yeah" Steven replied as he unbubbled himself and watched Lion walk inside, licking his paw as he wandered around the house looking for a box or something to sleep in.

{ו Time skip by a few hours brought to you by Stephen X Hosuh •×}
"Hey (Y/N)!" Snowflake Obsidian called out to them, almost barreling them over as they ran over to them.
"Hey Oreo!" (Y/n) laughed as they highfive them, their nickname for them was rather cute, almost like a cat name.
"So, I was wondering if you would like to come to little Homeworld with me, because I've been wanting to show you something really cool for a while now!" Snowflake babbled, putting their big hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder.
"Mmmmaybe- you know what? Sure" (Y/n) responded, leaving out the con of Snowflake bringing you there. "But-" Snowflake quickly cut them off. "No buts (Y/n), also we are stopping by to get donuts" Snowflake Obsidian replied, welp, at least (Y/n)'s plan came to fruition, they could get some donuts. (Y/n) then went on to make an L symbol on their hand on their chest, mocking the bigger gem who just chuckled and flicked (Y/n) making them stumble over before bursting into a fit of laughing.

{A/N: Heya there! Looks like you've read the "pilot" chapter and stayed long enough to read the Author's Note. Now, as someone who believes Snowflake is an underrated bean, they will feature a lot in this book, oh and also watch out for little hints of Bismuth throughout chapters for a possible epilogue cameo, what mean by that is that when you find a hint of Bismuth you can show me where and send in your OC}

{Oh and also, Pearlmethyst or Amedot?}