Chapter three: Awakening

(Example) = Arsene in your head

Example = Arsene speaking

(Example) = thinking

Another dream haunted me last night. This one was much worse. I stood in the middle of the street all my friends surrounding me. Dead. And I saw Meggy, being stabbed by some entity, it looked over and smiled, and threw Meggy's body at me, her body rolling on the ground her lifeless eyes staring at me.

???: This truly is an unjust game....

~~~~~

I woke up exhausted, feeling that I never slept, but I noticed something different about my bed. It wasn't mine. I looked around and when I did, I saw I was laying next to Meggy. She woke up when I reeled back in surprise.

Meggy: Morning, Specs.

Y/n: Why am I in your bed? What happened?

Meggy: You don't remember?

I shook my head.

Meggy: You were sleepwalking last night, and walked into my room. You hugged me and before I could wake you up I noticed you were crying, eventually you calmed down and started sleeping calmly and I didn't want to wake you so we just slept in the same bed. (Not that I mind)

Y/n: I'm sorry, I hope this doesn't make anything awkward.

Meggy: It's fine Y/n. Now come on, let's go get some breakfast.

If there is one thing I learned about her is that if she uses my real name, and not Specs, I know she is serious. We go out to Inkopolis to get some food, passing some of Meggy's friends, and chatting with them a bit. Afterwards Meggy and her team went to go train for the next upcoming Splatfest, with me cheering her on. It was probably my imagination, but it would seem that she did better the more I cheered. We decided to head back home as the sun was starting to set, so after saying goodbye to her friends and teammates for the day, we headed into the sewer.

~~~~~

Meggy Pov

As soon as we got back from Inkopolis, something felt... off, and from the look on Y/n's face, he felt it too we began to walk back to the main room where I'm sure everyone was at, till we turned the corner to see a couple of knights. That is when we knew something was wrong. The mushroom kingdom, as far as I knew, didn't have knights. We turned to run but was grabbed by some others who showed up and the last thing I felt was getting hit in the back of my head.

~~~

?: Meggy? Meggy wake up please.

I woke up to see Tari shaking me.

Tari: Oh my gosh! Your finally awake!

I saw Y/n perk up and run over to hug me as Tari did the same.

Meggy: How long was I out?

Tari: About an hour. Y/n woke up a few minutes after being thrown in.

Meggy: Where are the others? Are they safe?

Tari: I don't know, I woke up in here and have been here since this morning.

We heard footsteps coming to our cell.

Tari: Meggy quick, turn into squid form and hide in one of the barrels!

I did just that but I was able to see out of a hole in the barrel. When I looked I saw four more of the knights, and a man wearing nothing but a crown, a cape, and a pink speedo. I felt disgusted just by looking at him, and I feel violated just by being in the same room as him. But what really disturbed me were those yellow eyes, glowing and sickly in color.