Chapter 23 - Car Talk

"So, darlings, how come none of you have said anything?"

Undyne's forehead pressed against the cool window, her yellow eyes watching the trees pass by. On her left, she could feel the weight of her wife pressing against her side, the two stationed in the back seat.

After they had helped out Noelle, she gave the three a location to where they could meet her, along with her phone number. They were going home to get rid of all of their electronics instead of their phones, and Mettaton had been the one to pick them up.

It was weird, riding with Mettaton. To be honest, Undyne didn't like or dislike him, she barely knew him. Sure, he did a lot of shows and was close friends with Alphys, but they never really talked one on one. He was alright, she guessed, but she didn't really know him. He just offered to pick them up since he was on tour and in the area.

"A lot has b-b-been happening," Undyne muttered.

"A LOT," Papyrus agreed.

The robot sighed, looking back at them through the car mirror. Undyne had honestly expected a limo to pull up when Mettaton said he was going to pick them up, but she was honestly surprised to find a more normal looking car. Mettaton explained to her in her confusion that he actually had multiple cars, and this was the car he would use for Alphys, since she didn't like standing out. It was actually pretty considerate of him to purchase and entire car just for when he would be driving with Alphys, Mettaton did actually care for her. He even used the car for his cousin, too, which Undyne could understand. Napstablook didn't like fancy things either.

"What exactly happened? Why were you three called by the government?" Mettaton asked.

Undyne shook her head, returning her gaze once again towards the outside world she had fought hard to see. They had learned a few things from that experience, some good, some bad. One great thing was that Sans was still alive! That was good, they wanted him to be. They knew his password, too, which wouldn't really serve them well, but they knew his preferred password anyway.

They also learned that Undyne was right. Sans obviously wasn't kidnapped, the photos proved it.

Entering his phone, the group had found his background was actually a picture of him and Sally, and some dog with a really creepy face. Probably another CreepyPasta, but it still looked normal enough to possibly just be a normal dog. Papyrus was quick to point out it didn't share the normal features of dogs, as he was very experienced with dogs. There were too many teeth, it's mouth and smile was too wide to be normal, and those pupils weren't normal pupils on a dog. It looked unsettling, and looking at the pictures Noelle had, they noticed they could see parts of his body in certain pictures. The crowd of people really blocked out Sans and Flowey, they couldn't see most of his body. So if they couldn't see the rest of his body, they couldn't see the dog, either. Only in pictures with gaps could the group see flashes of his fur, even an ear, but that was it.

Noelle wrote down notes constantly and decided to investigate further, using the three as witnesses for them to tell her if they recognized anything familiar on the phone. Phone numbers, people in pictures, apps, anything that they remembered from their days with Sans.

They had went to the contacts first, the detective copying down each number onto a piece of paper with the names next to them. The names weren't very helpful, though, as they had no specific realistic names and were all instead nicknames, a typical Sans move. 'Smile bro', 'Fluffy', 'Scared of rain', 'Gayer than me', 'Tallness #1', 'Tallness #2', 'Tallness #3', 'Tallness #4', and 'NO ROSES' were all names on his contacts. They clicked on each contact and scrolled through, but there was no impending evidence anywhere.