"Scars And Bandanas"

"Y/N."

My attention snapped back to the present as I blinked and looked up to see Hosea looking at me with a concerned expression."Sorry. Lost in thought," I mumbled through the bandana that covered half my face.

"You've been riding with us for five years now Y/N and no one has so much as seen your face without a bandana since the first couple weeks you rode with us," Hosea commented as he put down the paper he had been reading."Even then only a few of us have actually seen your face. Don't you think it's time the bandana came off?"

I lowered my head refusing to look at the old man. Five years since I had survived something that had killed my two traveling companions. Five years of avoiding people and any sort of social event. Had it really been that long since that dreaded bear attack?

"Not today old man," I mumbled as I shook my head."Ain't in the best mood."

"Y/N. Y/N. Y/N. Just the person I was lookin' for," came the nasally voice of the one and only Micah Bell as a bloody bag was dropped on the table beside me.

Crimson droplets scattered on the table as well as Hosea and myself. A sour smell filled the air quickly and the bloody bag came open but not enough to tell what the contents of the bag were.

Hosea jumped out of his seat quickly covering his face with a grimace. I followed in suit but stayed closer to the table after noticing Micah staring at me with a coy smirk.

"Care to take a look Y/N," Micah asked setting his foot on the chair that was closest to him.

Arthur and John stared from where they were smoking their cigarettes close to Arthur's tent looking confused. Dutch watched with his arms crossed beside his tent with an unreadable expression. A few of the women had even stopped doing their chores to watch the scene in curiosity.

"The hell did you find Mr. Bell? A rotten skunk," I grumbled feeling my stomach roll.

"See for yourself," Micah stated with a cocky attitude.