Venomous

"Dude, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news," Stiles said as he sat next to Scott and me.

"I think I already know," I said as I stared at the back of Isaac's head.

"All right, I only found one thing online called a kanima. It's a were-jaguar from South America that goes after murderers." Stiles said. I couldn't agree with him because it was more reptilian.

"That thing was not a jaguar," Scott said as if he was reading my mind.

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer," I said causing both to look at me.

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead" Scott said causing me to feel even worse.

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this "friendship," I said, sarcasm dripping with each word. Scott just shrugged and I looked to Stiles for help but he just shrugged as well.

"Hey, testicle left and right. What the hell is a kanima?" I heard Jackson ask from behind us. Good God, this kid...

"All right, listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult - I'm not even too sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh? Come on, let's go, buddy." Coach Finnstock said from the front of the class.

"Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?" Jackson asked causing me to go against what I'd just decided and get myself into the conversation.

"I'm familiar with the sensation," I said, my eyes instinctively rolling. Stiles grabbed my hand and I relaxed a little bit. But then I thought of what I was planning...What I was going to do...

"Wait - why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Scott asked, causing me and Stiles to whip our heads back.

"How should I know?" Jackson asked.

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" I asked glancing over at the redhead.

"I don't know, all I heard was her name and something about chemistry," Jackson said. I felt Stiles' hand loosen around mine. I know that he's still got feelings for her, that will never change. And honestly, right now, I don't exactly want it to. I want him to love someone other than me, because of what I have to do.

"Jackson! Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?" Coach Finnstock asked with a hunt of annoyance wrapped around his words.

"Um - just an undying admiration for my - my coach," Jackson said, causing me to roll my eyes.

"That's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut it! Anybody else?" Coach said.

"How do we know it's not her?" Scott asked as we all watched Lydia.

"Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil. And when I look into Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil. All right, maybe 60. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day." Stiles said, I felt the darkness prick me with jealousy but I ignored it. Stiles is going to need someone after I...

"Stiles, that's not a very good argument," Scott said, I agreed with him 100%. Derek would never call off the pack for a reason like that. Lydia had walked to the front of the class and was supposed to be answering a question.

"I'm aware of that, but I swear it's not her. It can't be, all right? Lydia's fine." Stiles said, but I had turned my attention back to the crying figure in the front of the class. The one that I had grown to like. The one whose body shook as she sobbed in front of the class.