Chapter 2: Show me Mercy

Ominous mountain
A little, yellow flower cries
before the mirror

Pain spreads throughout my body as the thorned vines dig into my skin.

Warm crimson flows from the fresh cuts, dripping down my finger tips, soaking into my clothes.

I cry out as the white pellets hit my soul, blow after blow.

Hot tears stream down my cheeks.

This is how I die

-HP 18/20-

I can't die....

-HP 16/20-

I'm scared...

-HP 14/20-

For once I have a will to live for...

-HP 11/20-

But what?! what do I want to live for?! why do I want to live?!....

-HP 9/20-

Please.... show mercy.... I need to know....

-HP 7/20-

Please I don't want to die...

-HP 5/20-

PLEASE I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!!

It refused....

I refused....

My soul denied Death

-You are filled with... DETERMINATION-

With the sudden adrenaline rush feeding into my determined soul I yell out to the flower, hoping that he would listen. "Flowey please!! Don't do this, I can't die, not yet! I need to know why! Please I want to live! " Tears streamed down mixing in with the dirt and blood which stained my face. Tasting the metallic and salty mixture of my tears and blood as i plea for my life. "For once I don't want to die...."

The fear that grew inside me flooded my mind and soul, puzzling me. Yet the small bit of hope that remained in my fearful, broken lost soul, the hope to find a future in this new place, the hope for a better life than what I already lived, hope that death isn't the answer to my suffering, determined that I can find happiness, that I can find a way release the pain that doesn't involve a blade to my skin, scars to my body, and trauma to my soul. I was going to find a way to live again, to love again....

Engulfed in my own thoughts I didn't notice the vines around my limbs loosen, slowly releasing me. Nor the whimpers and cries of a little broken flower questioning his morals.

"I...I'm so.... I'm so, so sorry.... I don't know what came over me...." Flowey sobbed, his whole body shaking, his leaf hands covering up his face as he cowered into his bed of flowers, chiding his gaze from mine. It was a sad sight to witness. "I-i'm so pathetic.... I can't... I cant even kill a.... I'm so sorry... please....... don't- don't hurt me... I don't want to be hurt again...."

It just about broke my heart to see him like this despite him being so hostile towards me not even a second ago. He looked so weak, so fragile so.. vulnerable. With all the strength I could muster I dragged myself over to him, trying my best to calm the crying flower. "H-hey it's alright, it gonna be alright Flowey." I said in a calm, quite voice. I reached my hands out to him, my finger tips gently brushing over the tops of his petals.

His reaction was heartbreaking, flinching his body away, begging for his life. His pupils have shrunk to little specks, he was shaking more viciously as he shrunk further into the flower patch. "N-no please- I-I... please don't hurt me... P-please... I'll leave you alone!.... I-i promise i won't hurt you again.... Please show me mercy.... I k-know I don't deserve it.... But Please, p-please don't kill me."