Prologue

Thirteen year old Georgia Matthews stood in front of the full length mirror on the inside of her bedroom door, her pale hand holding her white t-shirt with a gold deer silhouette on it up. She inspected the slight raise of her stomach, a conflicted look on her face. The food is doing it. 

You don't want this, it's making you sad. You don't want to be sad. Take control of this one thing. No more food. Georgia let her shirt drop and walked over to her closet, grabbing out a dark gray sweater. 

She pulled it on over her head and closed her closet, walking back to her full length mirror. Her light green eyes wandered over her reflection. The gray sweaters neck was too wide and shown off one of her shoulders. 

The sleeves were long and wide enough to cover her hands. The sweater was over sized on her when it shouldn't have been. Georgia stared into her reflection for a few seconds more, then shook her head, opening up her bedroom door and walking out.

~

Georgia stood in the short hallway before the living room, where her father sat, several empty beer bottles scattered around him. She gulped and walked in, going in front of her father's chair. Her father lay unconscious on the chair, a beer spilt on his filthy gray t-shirt and black sweatpants. Georgia's eyes went blank as a memory came to her mind.

-

Seven year old Georgia stared down at her unconscious father, contemplating weather to wake him for dinner. After a few seconds Georgia reached out and shook her fathers shoulder. "Daddy? Wake up. It's time fo-" Georgia came to an abrupt stop when her fathers tight grip surrounded her tiny wrist, a look of fear forming on her face. 

"What. Did. I. Tell. You. About. Waking. Me. Up?" He asked, his voice tight. "N-Not to?" Georgia stuttered weakly. "Eg-fucking-xactly!" He yelled and Georgia flinched. 

"B-But..." Georgia stuttered, whimpering as her fathers grip tightened. "Don't fucking but me, you little bitch!" He growled, his other hand forming a fist. 

Georgia felt blinding pain as he brought his fist into her cheek, tightening his grip still. She let out a tiny scream of pain as she felt her wrist bone snap, the sound audible. He stood and dragged her by her broken wrist down the hall and into her bedroom, throwing her on her bed. "You're staying in your bedroom for the rest of the fucking night!" He yelled, slamming the door shut as he stormed out. 

Georgia whimpered as she put her arm out in front of her, her wrist flopping at an unnatural angle. She cradled her wrist to her chest and curled into a ball, tears streaming down her cheeks.

-

Georgia's eyes cleared as she came back to reality. She shook her head and went into the kitchen, ripping a paper towel off the roll. She grabbed a black sharpie from the tin on the kitchen window sill and scrawled a quick, simple note on the paper towel, popping the sharpie back in the tin. 

She put the paper towel on the coffee table in front of her unconscious fathers armchair and walked to the front door, unlocking the cheap bolt and sliding the rusted latch open. She opened the front door and walked out, shutting the front door as quietly as possible. 

~

Georgia sat on the swings at the nearby park, gently swinging herself. Children were playing around her, their parents seated on the benches scattered around the park, observing. A group of 14-15 year old boys entered the park, one boy being led by a guide dog. 

It was a black female Labrador Retriever and her owner had curly black hair that was a little longer on the front left side. He had dark brown eyes and was wearing black jeans, a gray hoodie and black tennis shoes. Georgia's eyes landed on the group and she blushed and looked away when she saw the blind boy. Emma Hollins, Georgia's school bully, watched from a distance, smirking. She walked out of the park, heading in the direction of Georgia's house. 

~

Georgia walked along the pavement, on her way home after being on the swings for half an hour, observing the blind boy and his friends. She reached her house and opened the knee-high metal gate, it's rusty hinges squealing. She walked up the stone path and approached the front door, opening it. 

A nervous look appeared on her face when she saw that her father was no longer in his chair. She stepped into the house and felt behind her back for the door handle, a click sounding as she pulled it closed. Her gaze flitted through the small lounge and kitchen, then to the hallway. He was nowhere to be seen and the house was eerily quiet. Georgia bit her lip and cautiously walked further into the house, reaching the hallway. 

She reached her bedroom door and placed her hand on the door handle, pulling it down. She pushed her bedroom door open and quickly walked in, shutting the door quickly and quietly. Her gaze fell on her panicked face in the mirror, then to her father, who was sitting on her bed. 

She inhaled sharply and slowly turned to him, shaking slightly. "G-Good afternoon Daddy." "Whore." Georgia's father said simply, confusion etching its way into Georgia's mind. "W-What do you m-mean, Daddy?" Georgia stuttered and a little smirk grew on her fathers face. 

"Your little hoe of a friend, Emma Hollins, came here and told me you were messing around with that blind son of a whore at school." Georgia's father said, pausing to wait for her reaction. "That bitch isn't my friend. And she's a fucking liar." Georgia mumbled under her breath and her father continued. 

"I don't give a shit what you do with your motherfucking useless life. You could be dead and i would thank the killer. But, i hear his daddy is rich and i want that fucking money. You don't bring me that money by Friday, and i'll make you wish you were never born." Georgia's father stood and she stepped out of the way of her bedroom door as he opened it and walked out, slamming it shut behind him. Georgia's face was blank of any emotion as she sat on her bed and brought her knees to her chest, rocking back and forth.