Home

lyrics that fit them and this one shot

(home - philip philips)
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

(sparks - coldplay)
But I promise you this
I'll always look out for you
Yeah, that's what I'll do

(ease my mind - ben platt)
You came out of nowhere and you cut through all the noise
I make sense of the madness when I listen to your voice

Darling, only you can ease my mind
Help me leave these lonely thoughts behind
When they pull me under, and I can feel my sanity start to unwind
Darling, only you can ease my mind

home

"YOU ARE SO USELESS! I work my ass off to pay for your food every single day and you— you don't deserve the money I make!" the drunk man screamed as he hit his son in the face. He had done that over six times this evening.

Tears appeared in Monty's big, brown eyes. He wasn't weak, so he fought against the tears.

What could he do? Fight against this violent man? He had done that like a thousand times, and it never brought him anywhere. Just more fights, more hits and more lonely nights where he cried himself to sleep. But he would never tell anyone that, of course. No, he wouldn't dare. What would they think of him? That he is a coward? A coward for not fighting back and a coward for crying? No, he better shut up about it. Bryce already called him a coward once and that did more to Monty than he wanted. It hurt, it really did. That everyone knows about his violent father is more than enough. No one needs to know about his home life.

Or about his love life, for that matter. All that talking about girls was getting on his nerves lately. Yes, he did the same thing himself. But it was just a mask and he wanted to pull it off. He just couldn't do it. Monty knew he wasn't attracted to girls. He never had been. He just put on this big show every single day. Pretending he had slept with all the girls, but really, he hadn't. He only slept with one girl and it was terrible. It wasn't the girls fault, absolutely not, it was his. He didn't feel anything for her and he couldn't enjoy it. He always thought that maybe there would be this perfect girl. And that he would be so attracted to her and that he could love her. Because Montgomery de la Cruz wasn't a 'faggot', was he? But then he met someone. A pretty boy with the sweetest smile. Was it love at first sight? Who knows. But love, that it was. It definitely was.

Monty's father laid unconscious in the front garden. After he beat the shit out of his son, he passed out. This was Monty's chance. This was his chance to leave without anyone seeing him.

Monty immediately jumped into his car and drove to the place that felt closest to home.

Winston Williams' house.

He had spent so many hours at that house the past few days. It became his second home. Or maybe his actual home, because his own house... it's just an empty building. It's not what it's supposed to be. It's filled with hate instead of love. It's a house, but it's not home.

Monty pressed on the doorbell, waiting for the pretty boy to open the door.

The door opened and there he was. He was looking good this evening. "Hey" he said, while he analyzed Monty's face and saw the bruises and scratches. "Are you okay, love?" he asked with a worried look in his eyes.

The tears appeared in Monty's eyes. "Hey it's okay..." Winston whispered. He opened his hand and Monty immediately put his hand in Winston's.

"It's okay" Winston said as he pulled Monty closer and opened his arms. Monty laid his head on Winston's shoulder.

The tears streamed down his face. But it was okay. It was okay for Monty to cry. Because he was safe. Safe with Winston.

Winston tried to calm Monty down by softly rubbing his back.

Monty started to relax a little when he felt Winston's touch.

Winston then cupped Monty's face. He looked at the broken boy. "It's okay, Monty. I'm here for you. What happened today?"

"My dad happened. I don't know what to do, Winston. I just feel so lonely. I just— When I come home, it... it isn't home. Do you understand what I mean?" the boy sniffed.

"Yes I think I do. Monty, you're always welcome here, you know that right?" Winston asked.

Monty showed a soft, little smile and then he put his lips on Winston's.

The two boys shared some sweet kisses.

When their lips stopped touching, Winston looked into the deep brown eyes of the broken, but beautiful boy standing so close to him.

"I love you" he said.

Monty's eyes suddenly started to light up. No one had ever said that to him before.

"You... you love me?" Monty stuttered.

"Of course I love you" Winston answered with a soft smile.

Monty crashed his lips on Winston's.

"I love you too" he stated after a long, passionate kiss.

Monty had always thought he was alone. He had friends, but he could never be his true self with them. He always pretended he was someone else. He was scared to tell the truth, he was too scared to show the real Montgomery de la Cruz. And coming home to this house. Coming home to people who didn't love him, made everything so much worse. He knew he could never be his true self. He knew his family and friends wouldn't accept him. So why would he even try? Monty felt like he could fall down any minute. He was so close to giving up.

That was until he met Winston Williams. A beautiful boy that loved him for who he was. When Monty was with him, he didn't have to wear this mask. He didn't have to pretend that he was someone he wasn't.

Monty never had a safe place, he never had a home. But that night, he realized something. He had a home.

Winston Williams was his safe place. Winston was there for him, he accepted him and... he loved him.

Winston Williams was his home.

Hi guys! First I wanna say that I'm very sorry for my shitty language and grammar. Also I'm actually so scared to publish this. I know people are going to hate this. But before you hate on this, I want to make something very clear: I absolutely don't support Monty's actions! What he did to Tyler is absolutely terrible and he deserved to go to jail for that. However, I don't think he deserved to die. He could have changed, with help from Winston. People deserve a second chance, people can change. It's not impossible. Monty had a hard life. He had a lot of issues at home and he had his own personal struggles (his sexuality, internalized homophobia). I don't wanna use that as an excuse of course, but it does affect his behavior in a negative way.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this short story. I enjoyed writing it!