PART ONE

All we've had since the beginning, was each other. 

Mahdi Varma was many things

Mahdi Varma was many things. A protector, yet one who held chaos in his veins. Eyes that held a just barely tamed wildfire within looking to burn anything that dared threaten his family. Descended from a God of tricks, lies and mischief, with untamed rage dancing beneath the surface of his skin, yet still fighting against the influence of his heritage. Mahdi was many things and more than what some believed, yet his goal first and foremost, was to survive.

Latika Varma was many things — the epitome of trouble with a silver tongue that enabled her to get whatever she wanted if she were to just ask. Beauty rare to match and charm few could resist, long-lashed dark eyes glinting with mischief to make almost anyone check their pockets to make sure their belongings were still in their possession (would not do any good since they'd willingly hand them over if she were to ask). A creature of misdemeanor with a face of loveliness and innocence. Descended from a goddess of love and beauty, she uses it well to her advantage, notorious for causing her older brother any premature grays in his hair as well as having the charm to put the most alarmed at ease.

Sevyn Varma is unsure of who he is just yet. With two of his siblings pushing and pulling against the other in a clash of morals and personality, he simply tries to wait out the storm. Eyes like his mother's with a gentle spirit, he follows his brother and sister without question like any child would a parent. The blood of the pharaohs in his veins, he is stronger than he believes himself to be.

These three are many things, some they have yet to discover, but when survival is on their minds, one thing neither figured they be were heroes.