XIV.

The next morning the Avengers met in the dining room for breakfast. Most of them hadn't had alot of sleep last night, especially Thor and Stark were struggling with sitting upright without falling asleep. In Stark's case the reason was because he hadn't slept for days.

Peter looked a bit better, but they decided to inform his aunt that he'd stay at the Headquarters till he felt better.

As soon as Peter sat down on his chair, he looked at Stark. "Um... Mr. Stark?"
"Yes?", he replied, trying to smile.
"How is Mr. Loki doing?" You could tell Peter was a bit scared. Probably his Spidey Senses were telling him the last evening went horribly wrong.

"He's alright, Peter", Stark said, feeling the guilt coming up again. Last night he continued drinking after the... incident in the meeting room.
He knew very well how it felt to be remembered of things he'd rather forget. But last night he played with Loki's mind. Yes, he did it to save him... But anyways, it didn't feel right.

"If you want you can visit him after the breakfast", Steve offered smiling.
"That'd be awesome!" You could see that Peter somehow started to like Loki.

After breakdast Stark decided to measure the boy's fever, just in case it got worse. As he checked the thermometer it showed 104.5°F.

"That's not good", the man said, looking at Peter with a sad look on his face. "After you visited Loki you'll immediately go to bed, okay?"
Peter nodded and shivered under his thick pullover.

Banner took him to the operating room. They left him there to sleep because all the medical supplies were there, so in case he would need something they could help him faster.
Of course they placed the syringes somewhere he wouldn't find them. Another panic attack wasn't something anyone wanted.

After Peter gently knocked on the door and no reply came back he just opened the door.
Loki lied on the bed, his eyes closed.
The boy sneaked into the room, until he arrived at the bed. "Mr. Loki?", he whispered.

The god slowly opened his eyes, and as soon as he realized who was standing there he smiled.
"Hello Peter. How are you feeling?"
"I'm okay, but you don't look that well Sir. What happened last night?"
Loki sat up, went through his hair with his fingers and mumbled: "I could use a cold shower..."

"That is not answering my question", the boy said jokingly. But as the god looked up Peter's smile disappeared.
"I am sorry for whatever happened", he started, but the older one interrupted him. "I want you to listen now, okay? It's not your fault. And it's not Stark's fault. It's nobody's fault, because... argh, I only remember half of what happened last night."

Peter climbed on the bed and sat down next to the injured god. "What is it you do remember?"
"I got shot, and jumped out of a window. Then I was in New York... Ugh, I think last part was only a dream. And you? What do you remember?"
"I remember that Mr. Stark tried to kill you, Sir."