chapter six- assessment

|ASSESSMENT|

|ASSESSMENT|

             "DISTRICT 2, CORDELIA HADLEY, REPORT FOR INDIVIDUAL ASSESSMENT," A robotic voice calls out and Cordelia sighs before standing up. She turns around and she caught Katniss' stare, she winks at her before going inside. "Sup," she says and Heavensbee smiles at her, "You have 10 minutes to present your chosen skill," he says and she looks around. 

       She grabs a peacekeeper dummy and she ties it to a chair. She grabs as many weapons and she places them on the table beside her. She grabs a dagger and she threw it, it stuck in the forehead and she grabs a machete, throwing it at the chest of the dummy, she grabs an arrow and she shot it to where the heart should be. She finally took hold of the stars and she smirks. Throwing each one on the spots she had left bare. 

      "You're welcome," she says with a sinister look on her face before bowing and leaving the room. 

        "You are going to look like a goddess!" Essie says as she threw glitter at Cordelia, "Essie, do you know how hard it is to get the glitter out of your hair?" Cordelia asks and Essie sends her a kiss. Brutus came on the screen with Caesar Flickerman and her widen. "I'm supposed to go after, quick!" She says as she tries to get up but Essie pushes her back to the chair. "You are going with Finnick," she says and Cordelia looks at her in confusion. 

        "Why?" She asks and Essie gives her a small smile. "There is going to be a surprise, something that would...hopefully lift your spirits," she says as she continues to put some lipstick on the girl. Cordelia sits back, wondering exactly what will lift up her spirits. 

           "Finnick, Cordelia, we will never understand how hard it must be for both of you," Caesar says and Cordelia holds Finnick's hand. Many people in the crowd aw as their hearts break for the two of them. "Leaving behind your children! My Snow, that is completely heart wrenching. When was the last time you have seen them?"

         "The day we arrived at our districts," Finnick says and Cordelia continues to glare at the ground as Finnick held her hand tighter. The audience gasps and there was some shouts to stop the game. "Well, we have a surprise for you, Ms.Trinket, bring them out!" Caesar yells and Cordelia looks up at their twin run towards them with a smile. "Mommy, daddy!" They yell at the same time and Cordelia bends down to hug them as Finnick hugs all three of them.

        "I missed you both so much," he whispers and their kids hugged them tighter. The small family held onto each other as the yells of the audience started to overpower Caesars voice. "Stop the games!" They chant and it brought a smile to her face. 

          Cordelia held onto her daughter's hand as Finnick holds Caspian in his arms. "You look pretty mommy," Cassia says and Cordelia smiles down at her, she was wearing a pink dress, with white shoes and her hair was in one braid, held to the side, like Katniss. "You look prettier," Cordelia tells her and Cassia smiles. 

        "Daddy, I swam one mile without uncle Cato's help!" Caspian says and Finnick looks at him proudly. "You did? That is so impressive," Finnick tells him before kissing his cheek. "Yeah, uncle Cato said that too, I wish you were there," he mutters before resting his head in the crook of Finnick's neck. Finnick looks at Cordelia who looks at him sadly. 

       "Oh, these must be the little angels!" Effie exclaims as she bends down to look at Cassia. "You are such a beauty, just like your mother," she says and Cassia blushes while a huge smile forms on her face. "And you, so handsome! Oh, I love them!" Effie says and Katniss came beside her. "Hey," she says awkwardly and both kids look at each other before looking back at the bride. 

          Cordelia stood on the left of Finnick as the interview between Katniss had started. "Katniss Everdeen, you look fabulous!" Caesar says and he asks the crowd, making them cheer. "Now, Katniss," he says seriously, this is a very big and very emotional night for all of us, wouldn't you say?" He asks her as Finnick reaches for Cordelia's hand but she kept it at her side.

       "Oh, don't go crying on me now, Caesar," Katniss says, "I can't make any promises. You know me!" He says and everyone laughs, well... besides the victors. "You know I wouldn't believe you, even if you did," she says and he laughs. "I love her! The Girl on Fire is so cheeky!" He says and he laughs some more. "But Katniss, on a more serious note, I think we were all disappointed, a more than a little disappointed that a certain wedding didn't take place, are we folks?"

      The crowd had awed and Caesar hums. "Alas. But am I correct in assuming that this would have been the gown that you would have worn on that day, yes or no?"

        "Yes, President Snow thought everyone would want to see it," she says and the crowd awed more. "Well President Snow, as usual, was right. Was he not, folks?" Caesar asks and the audience claps. "I love it! So incredible! So gorgeous!"

        "Would you do us the honor?" Caesar begs Katniss and then he chuckles. Katniss twirls and the gown began to burn bottom up. "Oh my god!" Caesar yell and Katniss stops twirling and she lifts up her arms to reveal wings, she was a Mockingjay. 

     "But Peeta, the wedding, the marriage, never to be," Caesar says and Peeta looks down. "Well, actually, we got married, in secret," he says and the audience gasps. "A secret wedding? All right. Do tell."

       "We..we want our love to be eternal."

         "Of course."

            "Katniss and I, we've been luckier than most. And I wouldn't have any regrets at all if it weren't..." He stutters, "If it weren't for what? What?" 

          "If it weren't for the baby," he says and the audience went crazy. Peeta walked towards Katniss and Cordelia looks at Finnick before holding his hand. All tributes held hands and raised them up together.