(𝟏𝟑) 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐑 | 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯

sooooo here we go

sooooo here we go.

for the sake of my own curiosity, i decided to calculate the amount of graphics i've made that have people of colour as the faceclaim for the main character. (note: if the graphic had a white mc & a poc love interest, i did NOT count that. so like, if you had a book for aquaman where the main character is played by emilia clarke, i didn't count that).

now i knew that, despite the push for more diverse characters, there's still a large percent of works on wattpad with white faceclaims as the main character. which is fine... but as a korean woman, i do wish there was more diversity. what i didn't realize was that a lot of the graphics i've made have white faceclaims as the main character. as someone who advocates for diverse media, this is kind of insane to me.

anyways:

the breakdown

note like i said, math isn't my strong suit. yeah, i KNOW it's literally just counting but like... i can't count. also, i did this a while ago, in class, when i really shouldn't have been on my computer lol. so anyways, the numbers might be slightly off.

angel eyes (graphic book #1) 34/103 32% of all the graphics made in this book had faceclaims of colour portraying the main character/faceclaim
andante, andante (graphic book #2) 11/47 23%
when the clock strikes 12 (graphic book #3) 35/94 37%
dracarys (graphic lotto) 8/35 23%

less than 50% of the graphics i make for each graphic book i have published are books with poc as the main character. that's... kind of insane.

therefore, this chapter is dedicated to diverse casts where the main character is played by a person of color. this chapter is open to all graphics, however, i will say that my inspiration for covers is kind of at an all time low. i've had more luck with gifs recently.

so yeah. happy requesting!

 happy requesting!