Part 65

I hadn't gotten a nightmare in a while now.
They were so common after Tatara died, and continued after Mikoto's death, Kusanagi's and everyone elses leaving. It stopped when things started to look up again, and I'd forgotten I ever even got them in the first place in the last couple of weeks after the clan got back together. Even when I had that break down after watching the greens taunting video I didn't get them.
Maybe it was because Yata wasn't beside me?
I frowned, my hand fisting over my chest as I sat up in my bed. I wasn't really sure what to feel at this point, but it was a different feeling then what I used to get back then. Instead of anger, instead of being able to transfer the fear from the night mare into a passion for fighting, I just felt confused.
I was just sad... and I knew even though I would rather not admit it, that I was so, so tired of fighting. I didn't want to fight with the other kings against the greens in some kind of war. I didn't even really want to be in the gang anymore.
I shook my head, thinking of them all. No, that's not it. I still want to be with all of them... I just don't want all of us to be the gang we are anymore, because if this continues, then more of us are put in danger. More of us will be hurt, or killed.

"Yuri?" Yata's voice was hesitant, but when I fell into his arms he didn't hesitate to hug me tighter to him, "What happened? Are you okay?"
I shut my eyes, "I'm sorry Yata. I'm different from back then and... even though I love the thrill of fighting - I don't want anyone else to get hurt."
"I know." He rested his cheek to my head, "But I promise you, this time things won't end the same way. This time, we'll all come out of this alive and vitorious, and then we'll be free."
"Free, huh?" I giggled, leaning back to look into his eyes, "Sounds like a dream."
He smiled, placing a hand on my cheek, "And I can't wait to make it a reality for you."