Chapter 76 part 1-4

Demi POV
We go downstairs and I tell Colton if he wants to just put CJ in the rocker. Kenzie asks to go outside so I go into the kitchen to see if Corey wants to come out. "Hey bud... Wanna take a break and go play outside?" "No." He says not even looking up. "Corey. I know your upset about this but you can't shut everyone out. Dad's gonna remember but he can't if you don't even talk to him... Don't you want him to remember?" He nods. "Then come outside with us." He gets up and we go outside. I hold CJ while sitting on the rocking bench on the porch. Colton's next to me and the kids are riding their bikes.
Colton POV
We go outside and I watch them play. Out of no where I think of something. "Hey." I say turning to Demi. She looks. "Do I know a Phoenix?" "... Not that I know of. Why?" "Cause I remember his name from somewhere." She laughs a little and looks at CJ. "I wanted to name him Phoenix but you were stuck on CJ." She says. "Well that's something right?" "Yeah." She says. I look at her for a few seconds before looking at the woods in front of our house. I can definitely see how I fell in love with her. She's beautiful, smart, talented, a wonderful mother... It just sucks that I can't remember anything and it's really pissing me off... "I'll be right back." I say getting up. I go inside and go upstairs. I've only been up there to change CJ and didn't see anything else. I go into the kids rooms and then find her sisters. "Sorry." I say. "It's okay... What's up?" "Where's my bedroom?" "Right down there." She says pointing at the end of the hall. "Thanks." She nods and I go in. I look around and try to recognize anything but once again, shit. Then the door opens and I see Demi come in.

~~~~~~

Demi POV
"Cmon guys! Time to go in!" They put their bikes in the garage and go inside. "Corey can you watch him for a couple minutes?" He nods. I lay CJ down on the blanket on the floor and Corey lays with him, playing with him. I go upstairs and into our bedroom. "Hey." I say. He looks at me. "What's wrong?" I ask. "It's really frustrating when you can remember anything..." He says, his hands shaking. "Calm down okay.. It's alright." He looks at me. "Can I try something..." He asks. I don't say anything. He comes to me and takes my hands. He looks at me and I nod. Without wasting another second he connects his lips with mine, our lips moving in sinc. He puts his hands on my waist and I put mine around his neck. We stop and he looks at me. He shakes his head. I connect our foreheads. "It's okay." "No it's not. I can't remember who I am, who you are... I don't even know my own kids." "Yes you do... You know us... Deep down you do..." "... Im just gonna get a shower." He says. I nod. He starts to walk in to the closet. I laugh a little. "What?" He asks. "The bathrooms that door." He stares at me as I'm trying not to laugh and puts his head down trying not to laugh before walking into the bathroom. I go into Corey's room and he sits up. I sit on the floor at his bed and rest my chin on the bed. "Can you do me a favor please?" I ask. He shrugs. "Corey... Your dad is really upset..." "I am too." "I know you are but there's no reason any of you should be... Your father risks his life everyday. He risked it going into that house and this is what happened... He knows who we are and we have to help him figure it out. Do you think by sitting in your room crying about it?" "I'm not crying." "Do you wanna cry?" He shrugs. "Is okay to cry..." "Not anymore. I'm six... I'm big and big guys don't cry... That's what Uncle Rob said at the hospital." "Well Uncle Rob is an idiot..." I say. I hear chuckling and turn around to see Dallas. "Just saying." "It's all good." She says laughing. She leaves and I turn back to Corey. He looks at me. "Why don't you come into my room and wait for dad to get out of the shower." "How about I get a shower instead." He says getting up. "Corey Fitzgerald..." He turns around. "Mama please..." He says about to cry. I sigh and sit on his bed. "Come here." He comes to me and I sit him on my lap. He starts to cry and I rub his back, singing to him a little bit. "Corey look at me." He looks up at me. "He's still your father. He knows that and that's all that matters. He loves you and that's not gonna change." He nods. "I'm not gonna make you talk to him... But it would really help both of you." I stand him up. "Are you okay?" I ask. He nods. I give him a kiss on the cheek. "Can I get a shower now?" He asks. I sigh and nod. I get his clothes and a towel and stay in the bathroom until he finishes. He gets dressed and goes to his room without saying anything else.

~~~~~

Colton POV
After my shower I go find Demi. I hear her in Corey's room and listen to their conversation. Once I hear Demi about to leave I start to walk away. I go downstairs and lay on the couch. A couple hours pass. It's late so the kids are probably asleep. I've literally been sitting here thinking about my past, trying to remember things. I remember a little bit about Gracie. I realized that I do know who she is. I also remember my mom dying. But nothing about our kids and it's making me mad. "Hey..." I hear behind me. I look and see Demi. "If your sleeping down here... Here's a blanket and pillow." "Thanks." I say. She nods. She looks like she's about to cry so she walks away. I shake my head at myself. I'm making everyone upset in this house. Why can I not remember? "Daddy?" I hear, snapping me out of my thoughts. I sit up and see Corey standing there. I look at him and he walks over to me. He gives me a hug and I hug me back. "Can I sleep with you?" I nod. I scoot over and he lays down. The couch isn't really big enough for us but it's okay. I grunt as he touches my ribs where I was shot. "I'm sorry." He says. "It's okay." We sit in silence for a little bit until he comes up and kisses my cheek. "I know you don't remember me, but i know you will... I love you." He says. I look down at him... Staring at his face... The same face that showed up on Demi and I's front porch with a social worker telling me I had a son... I give him a kiss on his head. "I love you Corey."

~~~~~~

Colton POV
I wake up to Demi's voice. "Cmon Corey. It's time for school." I feel Corey move and then they walk out. "Demi wait." I say. She comes over and sits down. "I remembered something last night..." She nods. "Corey, two years old came to our doorstep with a social worker..." Her eyes widen. "You remember that?" I nod. "Anything else?" "... No. But I realized I remembered it while I was talking to Corey." "... Okay?" She says. I stand up and fix my shirt. I take her hand and she stands up. "Demi... Would you like to go out to dinner tonight? Just us..." She opens her mouth but we hear something. "Yes!" We turn around and see Dallas in her pajamas. She winks at us before going into the kitchen. Demi turns around and smiles. "Yes." I smile too... That night we get dressed. "Stay out as late as you want... Have fun! Not too much fun. You guys have enough kids." Dallas says. We nod and walk out. We get to a restaurant that I booked. I checked my bank account and was completely shocked. I didn't know police officers made that much. Speaking of that I'm gonna have to figure out that situation soon. We go in and I pull out her chair. "Thank you." I nod. We make small talk until our food comes. We eat in silence, just enjoying each other's company. Once were done I pay and we go home. It's late. "Thank you for dinner." She says as we walk in. "Your welcome." We go upstairs and into the bedroom. "Demi... Come here." I say. She comes over and I wrap my arms around her waist. "How come every time I look into your eyes your cry?" I ask as I see her tear up. "It hurts knowing that you have no idea who I am." "I do though... Your a beautiful, talented woman. Your a hard working business woman and mother... And after spending this night with you, whether I remember or not, I know for a fact that there's a reason why I met you in the first place... And a reason why we've stuck through everything together..." She puts her arms around my neck. "I love you." I say to her. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear you say that." I kiss her lips and suddenly fall back in love with this woman...

~~~~~~~